Need a reason to stay with directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.
ahh I get it, thats why he likes Dish network he likes to overpay for things that should be cheap, gotcha, I would hate directv and want dish network too if I had to overpay
just playin

So I need to order hdtv receiver. I'm thinking - rca dtc210 receiver.

When are the mpeg 4 receivers going to arrive?

abarsami said:
So I need to order hdtv receiver. I'm thinking - rca dtc210 receiver.

When are the mpeg 4 receivers going to arrive?

Rca dtc210 is a good choice, either that or the Htl HD, now they do have a H10 out, anyone hear anything good about this reciever???

Is the htl-hd better than the rca? I can get the htl-hd off ebay.

Is the H10 the $999 dollar one?

abarsami said:
Is the htl-hd better than the rca? I can get the htl-hd off ebay.

Is the H10 the $999 dollar one?
No last check the H10 isnt released, the $999 dollar one is the Hdtivo (very nice by the way)
http://valueelectronics.com/hdtv.htm
go there poke around a bit, a great website, run by people who will take care of ya, I would recommend getting a NEW reciever not a ebay reciever, now I am normally all for ebay, except when it comes to electronics, its nice to have warrenties and such, but go to Value E and see what they have. and depends on who you talk to on the htl-hd, some say yes (most say yes) but the Dtc-210 is still very nice to boot!

reddice said:
Well we have DirecTV and are strongly considering switching back to Dish. We now hate DirecTV and are waiting until our stupid one year contract is over. As for the Tivo being stable. Don't beleive it. It has one major bug (b&w) that will annoy you. Also other things I am not going to get into like crappy 30 minute buffer and other things. Also we hate the way DirecTV organizes their channels. Really unorganized. PPV's in the front. Shopping channels all spread out. News channels all spead out. Dish was better organized and we actually known the channels. DirecTV with their disorganized mess we still don't know where half the channels are. As for HD. I don't care one bit for it and it is stupid to cancel a good thing to go with DirecTV. Like I am going to pay over $2000 for a overpriced HDTV. They can keep them.

The early cancellation penalty is prorated. If you are really that unhappy with D*, why not switch now and spare the rest of us your rantings and ravings?

Does directv have the style channel? When researching dish I told my sister they had the style channel and now she wants dish network.

abarsami said:
Does directv have the style channel? When researching dish I told my sister they had the style channel and now she wants dish network.

A quick check of their website says "No"

I'll still go directv for 6 months and see how it goes.

I'll write back when I get my hdtv box.

Status
Please reply by conversation.