Need a store that has the HR20 DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cocoon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 21, 2006
I just called sadoun because of the banner on on this site. However there seems to be confusion on whether they actually have the HR20 in stock the woman on the phone seemed to indicate they only had HR21s.

Can anyone recommend a reputable online store that has the the HR20-700 in stock?

thanks

PM me with your needs cocoon, I have HR20-700's in stock. I also have 2 HR20-100's.

Al

I just called sadoun because of the banner on on this site. However there seems to be confusion on whether they actually have the HR20 in stock the woman on the phone seemed to indicate they only had HR21s.

Can anyone recommend a reputable online store that has the the HR20-700 in stock?

thanks

thanks
If it turns out that Al can't help you for some reason ....
Have you tried the local Costco's (if you have one) or the Best Buy's ?

Jimbo

Or Circuit City, two of the three nearest me in Austin show them in stock at the store but not online.

Or Circuit City, two of the three nearest me in Austin show them in stock at the store but not online.

Thats good to know,
The local CC here no longer stock them, I think they are getting out of the receiver sales all together.... at least locally.

Jimbo

At least the CC web site still knows what a HR20 is. BestBuy's site doesn't even know what a HR20 is.

Thanks everyone. I did call the local CC & Bestbuy but they didn't have them. I ended up getting the HR20-700 from "al" it should arrive by Wednesday if everything works out.

Hi Cocoon

We just ran out of stock on the HR20-700. But we get new stock every couple of days. So if you order online, or over the phone, we usually ship the HR20 within 48 hrs. Our HR20-700 (and all DirecTV receivers ) supplier is only a few miles away from our warehouse.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I did receive the HR20-700 from "al" on wednesday. My local directv dealer wasn't able to install it until saturday but other than that no problems with the install and setup.

Help the newbie -- what is the HR-20? Is that the receiver where a program can be recorded while you watch another?

Bernie

Yup,
The HR20-700,-100 and HR21 are all HD DVR's capable of mpeg2 and 4 broadcasts.
You can watch one and record another as long as you have 2 runs from the dish/ multiswitch to the receiver.
In the future (not to distant) D* will have another device that will allow you to do this with only one line run, but thats still unknown as to when.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts