need a switch box

enoree

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 29, 2005
I am getting VOOM installed next tuesday,I have RCA F38310 with built in DTC100, but only 1 set of component inputs. I have a Zenith upconvert DVD player using the component inputs presently, I need an inexpensive component 2in1 or 3in1 switch, my amp has multiple 5.1 inputs so the audio is no problem. Any recomendations? BTW i dont have a problem with flipping a switch manually to change between sources.

JVC has a passive unit that switches 3 inputs to a single output. Can't remember the model #, but check E-Bay by entering "JVC Switcher". I bought and then sold one there myself. Thought I might need it, but made some system changes and then did not. Can probably find one for around $70.

enoree said:
I am getting VOOM installed next tuesday,I have RCA F38310 with built in DTC100, but only 1 set of component inputs. I have a Zenith upconvert DVD player using the component inputs presently, I need an inexpensive component 2in1 or 3in1 switch, my amp has multiple 5.1 inputs so the audio is no problem. Any recomendations? BTW i dont have a problem with flipping a switch manually to change between sources.
Your reciever doesnt have comp inputs?
I've seen some switches for around $100 at the game stores (EB & GameStop)...

FAYRICH said:
Just lookedn on E-Bay. The model # is JX-S100. There is one there now that closes in about 7 hours. Current bid is 19.99.
That's only S-Video, I believe component was what enoree was looking for..

Hi:
The Audio Authority 1154 is the one that people seem to like. It has 4 sets of component, optical audio, coax audio, and stereo audio inputs and one set of outputs. It also does the autoswitching which is nice for wives and kids. Supposedly - some of the cheaper switchers don't actually support HD levels of bandwidth.

zombie said:
That's only S-Video, I believe component was what enoree was looking for..
My apologies. You are quite right. The correct model with the component connections is JX-S111. It's been a while, and the number I gave seemed right. Again, sorry.

Just re-checked E-Bay with the correct number. They presently have 1 with a "buy it now" option of 74.95. Or open the bidding at 69.00. This is definitely the one with component connections.

Audio Authority 1154

jnardone said:
Hi:
The Audio Authority 1154 is the one that people seem to like. It has 4 sets of component, optical audio, coax audio, and stereo audio inputs and one set of outputs. It also does the autoswitching which is nice for wives and kids. Supposedly - some of the cheaper switchers don't actually support HD levels of bandwidth.

I'll second the 1154. It's a great unit, does auto switching on a priority based scheme, and transcodes optical and coax audio. Digital Connection has them for a decent price. See http://www.digitalconnection.com/products/video/1154a.asp for more info.

Cheers,

Doug

switch

i went to rat shack bought an rca plug a-b switch and hooked up dvd component cables to the 3 feeds and same to tv. it worked ok , dvd is zenith upconvert with early firmware so it works in component mode. cost $15, they had toslink switch on clearence for $9.97 and optical cables clearenced for $6.97 whole set up was under $40, can feed up to 4 optical lines to amp now. its all manual stuff but i gotta open cabinet to put dvds into player so no big deal to flip switches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts