Original poster
May 21, 2007
MA

Attachments

• 0905101448b.jpg
    0905101448b.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 230
A concrete solution.

I don't know where you can get a heavy wall J-tube, but if you fill a standard tube with concrete and let it harden for at least a week before stressing it, it should be uncrushable.

Any muffler shop will bend a heavier wall tube to meet your requirements.

If needed, insert a smaller OD pipe or other round object to prevent the mast from collapse.

Any muffler shop will bend a heavier wall tube to meet your requirements.

If needed, insert a smaller OD pipe or other round object to prevent the mast from collapse.

Brian, That is a good tip and while you are going, take the OLD j pole and the shop can make the insert (s) to fix the old one. If it is a neighborhood shop and not busy, it might just cost a couple of bucks! You might want to do both ends!

I had the same thing happen when trying to mount my rotor. Found a chunk of scrap heavy conduit in the yard but instead of bending it, I cut and welded it.

Allow me to recommend the J-pole/monopole system used by D* on their Slimline dish. This mount is excellent for a motorized dish, as it allows leveling in all directions, and is extremely sturdy. The J-pole has very thick walls as well...

Thanks guys for all your suggestions. I will give an update .

You can go to Home depot and see if you can use plain old iron water pipe with a couple of 45's to make a J shape. I use a straight piece of water pipe in a tripod and it works You would break the bracket before you crush the pipe.

Mike Lib

Status
Please reply by conversation.