need advice on adding 2 tv's to account

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mo Fly

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
I need to add 2 tv's (in two rooms) to my account. I currently have a Genie Gen 3 and a Genie Mini. Should I go with 2 more Genie Minis? or Wireless Genie Minis? what about the Genie Lite?

cant add a genie lite, 1 genie per account

i would add either dvrs or receivers
adding 2 more minis will cripple the record capability of the genie

Thanks for your reply. So if I add dvrs, they would not be networked with the Genie, right?

And when you say 2 more minis would cripple the record capability of the Genie, in what way exactly?

Thanks for your reply. So if I add dvrs, they would not be networked with the Genie, right?

And when you say 2 more minis would cripple the record capability of the Genie, in what way exactly?
Genie clients use a tuner from the Genie, they don't have their own tuner. Any box you add, whether a client, receiver, or dvr, will be part of the network.

Right now you have 5 tuners available on the Genie, each Adel. Client you add, uses one of those 5 total, so if you have the genie and 2 clients, that leaves you 2 to record with provided all three are being used at the same time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)