need advice on c/ku band signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

alero

Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
hi,I have a 2500 pansat ,6' dish and bsc621 c/ku lnb.Now when I run blind scan in c-band and ku I always get the same channels .I know the tp for c are 4 digit and for ku are 5 everything working ok but why I get the same channels in the same satellite when I see satellite with the 2 tp c & ku with diferent channels..thank you.

Have you set up the satellites for c & ku , you may have to create 2 listings for each one that has both c and ku signals. For C-band be sure to change
the LO freq to 5150, and 10750 for ku frequencies. It is only going to see
that range of freq that each sat-entry is set up to find.

yeah thats what i did so i don't have to keep going back and change out the LO

i set one for each c-band satellite and one for each ku satellite and then i don't have to change them back and forth.

if you dont want to do this you will manually have to change the LO in the receiver setup each time you want to change between the two.

In addition to changing the LO frequency, don't you also have to change a switch to get to the other LNB?
The 621 comes in two flavors; one has a 22khz switch(?) to go between C & Ku band, and the other has a diseqc switch for choosing C or Ku.

So, if you make two entries in your receiver (one for each satellite),
Ku bird: 10750 LO (or whatever is correct), AND 22khz on/off or diseqc channel
C bird: 5150 LO, AND 22khz off/on or diseqc channel

I don't have the hardware or I'd give the actual numbers, but I believe the info should be sufficient to help get it going.
Or maybe I'm way off base, in which case, someone will post an even better idea. :)

yes you would be correct :)

i have bypassed the internal 2X1 diseqc switch on my bsc621 but it was only so i could use another one a 4 X 1 and add two other dishes (or lnbf's).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)