Need advice on HR24-500

Status
Please reply by conversation.
did u see my first reply?? been doin this for alittle bit now. may depend on who u get, its luck of the draw. not the techs fault. dtv may mail u one, not usually. if its the only hd u have its no problem ........ depending on who u get.
where is the "mailing addy" ??

? ? ?

There is NO new commitment on a Replaced recvr, IF he got stuck with one, he should call and have them change it.

never mind just saw u have 4 hd's total. check signal strengths. is there any transponders under 86 on 99 or 103? if so which ones? may be a prob if so. they have to be above 86 to get the code

never mind just saw u have 4 hd's total. check signal strengths. is there any transponders under 86 on 99 or 103? if so which ones? may be a prob if so. they have to be above 86 to get the code

Ok, you lost me ...
Are you asking me about My SS or the OP.
Mine are fine, mainly in the low to high 90's.

As for the transponders you mentioned to check, you said the 99 and 103, you want the 99c, 99s, 103a, 103b, or 103s ?

its not the commitment that is the problem. it the service techs job that shows up that is . he needs a code off of 1 of the hd rec's to get paid. not an issue on a account that only has the one he is replacing. the tech could deactivate the one that has the code requirment but it may kick down another from DTV to the next. u can request an over ride but it is shady and they will question the customer for "packing" accounts. kinda screwed. if you have access to all hds on the account, and they r all above 86 on said rec's have the person that is there to pick them up call u as soon as the tech arrives and give him the code when he has it sent. if there is a problem in under 15 minutes..... i would leave and cancel the call. sorry. just how it is

if he has the sl3 there is no s . as a matter of fact last i checked there was no s showing on sl5s, not sure y

if he has the sl3 there is no s . as a matter of fact last i checked there was no s showing on sl5s, not sure y

I have a SL3 and it shows as I posted, 99c, 99s, 103ca, 103cb and 103s.

Of course the spotbeam ones won't be above the 85 you mentioned, maybe it doesn't read the s Sats ?

the tech needs the code to close the service call and get paid. which means he isn't going to issue a reciever without it. it pays nothing , and without the code and he cant "give" u the receiver without it. if he calls dtv to get the exemption they r going to question u or whoever and suck up hes "free" time for nothing. plus they will deactivate all your rec's and ....... it's just a big hassle. more for the tech that isn't getting paid to "stand" there and argue on the phone. like i said 15 min's and i leave. if that.

jh059945, if you are going to post, please use English and not text. It's next to impossible to understand what you are trying to say.

not sure about that......... spot beams should be above that. it does differ from location to location, but not here. may need "peaked". if there is an issue and can't get it to "pass" and get the tech a "success code" he can't give u the reciever. no way around it. u may have to buy one from DTV.

the tech needs the code to close the service call and get paid. which means he isn't going to issue a reciever without it. it pays nothing , and without the code and he cant "give" u the receiver without it. if he calls dtv to get the exemption they r going to question u or whoever and suck up hes "free" time for nothing. plus they will deactivate all your rec's and ....... it's just a big hassle. more for the tech that isn't getting paid to "stand" there and argue on the phone. like i said 15 min's and i leave. if that.

How does the tech get the needed codes without first installing the new recvr ?

not sure about that......... spot beams should be above that. it does differ from location to location, but not here. may need "peaked". if there is an issue and can't get it to "pass" and get the tech a "success code" he can't give u the reciever. no way around it. u may have to buy one from DTV.

You ok guy ?

I am not exactly sure on what the "spot " beams measure in different areas. the "s" 's haven't been registering at all lately. DTV moves things around here and there. i don't have a sl5 at my home. some locals come off of the 119 close to here.

the 110 , 119, and the 9s, and 103 s were only for the spanish language channels and a few religous ones ........ here

the 110 , 119, and the 9s, and 103 s were only for the spanish language channels and a few religous ones ........ here

the 99 and 103 are for your HD channels, the s is designating the Spot Beam Sats, the 110 has nothing on it and the 119 has a few Spanish and what not stuff on it, music as well.

the "tech" needs to "click" on the IV retest and then the reciever that needs it gets a "blue box" on the bottom left of the screen that says "run IV retest" or not. select yes. and the reciever runs i like it is new. thats it. sometimes if it is plugged into a power strip it wont come through. only the tech (or DTV) will know which one is going to "need" to run the retest. you will need to have access to all the HDs on your account.

yeah the hd are usually the ones that "fail" the retest. unless the dish is "off" sometimes the 101 will fail....... but usually not before the hd ones.

i didn't know the S meant spotbeams. i've been doing this for albut 3 yrs now.......... "they" tell us what we need to know, most of the time.
yeah, sorry about that, 99 and 103 r hd, 110 and 119 r spanish, mistyped

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)