Need an antenna suggestion

sticky54

Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
I don't know if it is possible, but is there an antenna that will let me receive all my local stations without having to adjust rabbit ears for each station? I guess what I'm looking for is something that I can just set up, point in the right general direction, and not have to mess with it anymore. I think all the stations that I want are UHF.

I bought one from Radio Shack, model No 15-1892, that I have to adjust the ears on for each different station. I will be bringing that back. I also saw an RCA ANT706? I'm trying to avoid having to get the giant old fashioned antenna.

If anyone wanted to check out my antennaweb.org situation, my zip code is 53132.

sticky54 said:
I don't know if it is possible, but is there an antenna that will let me receive all my local stations without having to adjust rabbit ears for each station? I guess what I'm looking for is something that I can just set up, point in the right general direction, and not have to mess with it anymore. I think all the stations that I want are UHF.

I bought one from Radio Shack, model No 15-1892, that I have to adjust the ears on for each different station. I will be bringing that back. I also saw an RCA ANT706? I'm trying to avoid having to get the giant old fashioned antenna.

If anyone wanted to check out my antennaweb.org situation, my zip code is 53132.

I would install a cheap all channel in the attic. One of your digital stations is on VHF channel 8, WMVS-DT. One good antenna for you is a Channel Master 3016. It's not really small, but it's not giant either. It's the same price as any good indoor antenna.

From antennaweb, that zip shows about 15 miles away from ALL the digital transmission towers; and they are between 17deg and 24deg heading. You should buy a locally acquired Zenith Silver Sensor (ZHDTV1 $21). It is recommended by the FCC. If you do not like the results you can return it and upgrade to a quality directional UHF antenna like a Winegard PR 9022 ($30) and direct them toward 21 degrees. If you would just rather have an omni-directional, go for the Winegard PR 4400 $20. I see your local PBS (WMVS-DT 8/10.1) has a digital VHF but that they ALSO broadcast a digital UHF (WMVT-DT 35/36.1), so there is no need to get a combo VHF/UHF antenna. WJJA-DT 48, and IND out of RACINE, WI is not shown to be transmitting yet so don't fret if you do not get it. When it is live, it will also be 15 miles @ 24deg from the same zip. If you want to exchange what you got from Radio Shack already, ask them for the Model: U-75R or Catalog #: 15-2160 $25

Last edited:
charper1 said:
I see your local PBS (WMVS-DT 8/10.1) has a digital VHF but that they ALSO broadcast a digital UHF (WMVT-DT 35/36.1), so there is no need to get a combo VHF/UHF antenna.

Most PBS stations with two digital transmitters have different programming on their two channels. I would not want to give up one of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)