Please reply by conversation.

GreatFTA

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Mississippi Delta
Hey Guys!
I hope someone can help me out! ;)
I need a remote control for my US Electronics ORB-5000 receiver. This receiver is one of those IRDs that is operated by the remote control. There's no buttons whatsoever on the front panel.
The original remote I have is hard to use. I have to keep pushing the buttons just to get a response.
A remote control for the Star Trak 400 IRD will work as well. I want to check with you first before going to Skyvision. Their remotes goes for about $40. Is there any other site that sell remotes?
Maybe one of you may have a spare one to get rid of!
Your help would greatly be appreciated! :)

Just Another Sucker, thank you for that link!!! I bookmarked for future reference.
That remote keys are even warn down, but luckily there is writings below it describing each button. The remote and receiver had been in storage for quite some time before I came along.
I'll give it a try and let you know how that came out.
Thanks again!

Just Another Sucker, thank you for that link!!! I bookmarked for future reference.
That remote keys are even warn down, but luckily there is writings below it describing each button. The remote and receiver had been in storage for quite some time before I came along.
I'll give it a try and let you know how that came out.
Thanks again!

Your welcome. I have saved several remotes just by cleaning:)

WOW!!!
I deep cleaned my entire remote control. It look like a new remote (except the numbers on the remote keys are worn down). When I put the rubber keypad into the bowl of rubbing alcohol and later removed it the alcohol had black trash floating at the bottom. I took a Q tip and cleaned inside the key button (that make contact with the circuit board) and found buildup on them as well. I took a soft towel with alcohol on it and rub down the circuit board twice.
After putting it all together, the remote worked great! I don't have to be pressing over and over on the remote keys to make it do something. It does it with ease!
I went to the site Just Another Sucker mentioned and made a PDF on it for you guys who want to save their remotes. I enclosed it so yall can download it and put it in your computer hard drive.
I give credit to Just Another Sucker for this info. All I did was to put the info into Word processor and used my PDF software to convert it into the PDF format. I hope this info help you guys out. This info kept me from finding and buying another remote (saving me $40!)

Attachments

• Remote Cleaning.pdf
    29.4 KB · Views: 138
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)