Need Business VOIP advice

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
Well setting up a new office, and need a phone system. I was thinking VOIP would be a good way to handle it (especially since one could then justify a better internet connection by not having to pay a heafty phone bill).

The office would 6 phones or so initially. Probably need 4 phone lines to start. Also would need a fax connection. Voice mail and ability to transfer around phone calls.

I looked over at Cisco's web site they have a lot of nice equipment, but they do not really seem to have anything smaller than a 50 user system and I while I did not see prices, 50 is probably a small fortune.

What do people have/reccomend/advise avoiding/etc?

What do people have/reccomend/advise avoiding/etc?

6 user office doesnt need much expense at all, something based on either outsourced systems or a small Asterisk box would do the trick nicely. I've got several Asterisk boxes i installed running our entire site to site setup across 3 countries and doing all the single phone voip links to home workers.

We use a small company for most of our out of office stuff, they make their entire living from small offices and can do either single VOIP lines up to real hard lines up to PBX installs.

Guy over there is joe.atkins@axecomtelecom.com that we work with, owns the place. Hope its ok to drop an endorsement.

-Jonathan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)