Need DIRT Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kappy44

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 3, 2006
Been on the phone for three hours and each time I was told a supervisor would help me and all i got was music and then a disconnect. I just had my old hopper replaced with the hopper with sling and it will not recognize either of my two external hard drives that have dish recordings on them.....please help!!!!!

All you should need is a rehit. Try doing an online chat and request a rehit. If that doesn't work, then go to the very top page of the forum and go to the who is online and look for a member of DIRT, their name will be in red. Do a PM and give themyou name and phone number so they can look up your account.

Will do....here's what I was told at 2am....the hopper with sling cannot accept the formatting of the old hopper that was on ehd's and hence the dish programming on my external hard drives won't work.....sounds absurd!

Not unless something changed recently. I upgraded one of my Hoppers to a Hopper with Sling and the EHD connected up and I could access everything fine.

Will do....here's what I was told at 2am....the hopper with sling cannot accept the formatting of the old hopper that was on ehd's and hence the dish programming on my external hard drives won't work.....sounds absurd!

Its absurd they would even tell you that...but that's what phone CSRs are often good for. DIRT should be able to help, if the online chat dwarren suggested doesn't take care of it for you.

I was up until 3am MST....the "advanced technical support" person I finally got told me this and then deactivated the new hopper with sling and reactivated the old hopper as I had not returned it yet...total frustration....I am now moving back programming to the old hopper hard drive, but would love to move it back to one of my ehd's and then get the new hopper with sling working right to transfer material onto it....the telephonic support is terrible....been with DISH for 13 years and never had this level of insanity.

Here's a copy of the online chat and I am still screwed:

Katherine (ID: 4R2) (Responding)

Katherine (ID: 4R2): Hi, my name is Katherine (ID: 4R2). How may I help you?
Katherine (ID: 4R2): Hi, XXXX! I hope you are doing great. How may I help you today?

ME: please look up the info on my account that was a nightmare with csr's last night and early this morning...I just left the satellite guy forum looking for a DIRT rep, but none are online now.
Katherine (ID: 4R2): I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue and I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Let me help you out on this.
Katherine (ID: 4R2): To have a full access on your account, would you please verify the 4 digit Security Code on the account?

ME: xxxx
Katherine (ID: 4R2): Thank you.
Katherine (ID: 4R2): May I know what is the exact problem and issue so that we can fix it today?
Katherine (ID: 4R2): I haven't received any response from you for 2 minutes now. The system may flag you out. Please send something on this chat window so we wont get disconnected.
ME: I received an upgraded hopper with sling to replace my old hopper and it will not accept my 2 external hard drives that have dish programming....your last technical support person stated the new hopper with sling will not accept ehd's with programming from old hoppers....this is absurd....he deactivated my new hopper
ME: and reactivated my old one...now I am back on square one.
Katherine (ID: 4R2): I see.
Katherine (ID: 4R2): I apologize for the inconvenience.
ME: been with DISH for over 13 years and now I am transferring back dish programming to the old hopper....what a waste of my time.
Katherine (ID: 4R2): I'm sorry to hear that. Let me see on what I can do.
Katherine (ID: 4R2): I apologize for the inconvenience. One moment please.
ME: I believe I have a defective new hopper with sling or it was not originally activated properly....when the ehd's were connected it did not recognize them unless I unplugged them from it and then it stated a multimedia device was removed
Katherine (ID: 4R2): I see. Thank you for your patience.
Katherine (ID: 4R2): Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you, Jeffrey but the EHD of the new receiver is not compatible with the EHD of the old receiver and we cannot change it.
ME: why would an ehd that has dish programming on it from an older model hopper not work on a hopper with sling?
Katherine (ID: 4R2): I'm sorry about that, Jeffrey but the EHD will not really work with the new one as what the Technician has said. How about I offer you a $5 credit for 6 months for the inconvenience?
ME: thank you please proceed....it is a shame as i would have liked to use the new app for transferring programing to my android device

Still doesn't make any sense why they are telling you that. Definitely wait until you can get DIRT involved before you give up on the Hopper w/ Sling. Looks like a couple of them are online this morning...shoot one of them a PM!

Just got a reply from DIRT and will let the forum members know of the results.

Here's a copy of the online chat and I am still screwed:

Katherine (ID: 4R2) (Responding)

Katherine (ID: 4R2): Hi, my name is Katherine (ID: 4R2). How may I help you?
Katherine (ID: 4R2): Hi, XXXX! I hope you are doing great. How may I help you today?

ME: please look up the info on my account that was a nightmare with csr's last night and early this morning...I just left the satellite guy forum looking for a DIRT rep, but none are online now.
Katherine (ID: 4R2): I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue and I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Let me help you out on this.
Katherine (ID: 4R2): To have a full access on your account, would you please verify the 4 digit Security Code on the account?

ME: xxxx
Katherine (ID: 4R2): Thank you.
Katherine (ID: 4R2): May I know what is the exact problem and issue so that we can fix it today?
Katherine (ID: 4R2): I haven't received any response from you for 2 minutes now. The system may flag you out. Please send something on this chat window so we wont get disconnected.
ME: I received an upgraded hopper with sling to replace my old hopper and it will not accept my 2 external hard drives that have dish programming....your last technical support person stated the new hopper with sling will not accept ehd's with programming from old hoppers....this is absurd....he deactivated my new hopper
ME: and reactivated my old one...now I am back on square one.
Katherine (ID: 4R2): I see.
Katherine (ID: 4R2): I apologize for the inconvenience.
ME: been with DISH for over 13 years and now I am transferring back dish programming to the old hopper....what a waste of my time.
Katherine (ID: 4R2): I'm sorry to hear that. Let me see on what I can do.
Katherine (ID: 4R2): I apologize for the inconvenience. One moment please.
ME: I believe I have a defective new hopper with sling or it was not originally activated properly....when the ehd's were connected it did not recognize them unless I unplugged them from it and then it stated a multimedia device was removed
Katherine (ID: 4R2): I see. Thank you for your patience.
Katherine (ID: 4R2): Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you, Jeffrey but the EHD of the new receiver is not compatible with the EHD of the old receiver and we cannot change it.
ME: why would an ehd that has dish programming on it from an older model hopper not work on a hopper with sling?
Katherine (ID: 4R2): I'm sorry about that, Jeffrey but the EHD will not really work with the new one as what the Technician has said. How about I offer you a $5 credit for 6 months for the inconvenience?
ME: thank you please proceed....it is a shame as i would have liked to use the new app for transferring programing to my android device

That is offshore advanced tech support, if you called or chatted at some time after midnight. Onshore (US) advanced tech support will usually be very helpful, but offshore? You roll the dice and take your chances. They don't have Dish service.

Glad you're talking to DIRT now. I have seen EHDs give issues getting them to be recognized by the new receiver, and it's often resolved by a hit, as others have said. Dish is pretty limited in being able to help, with an EHD we don't sell or control, some EHDs are more picky than others, it seems.

The hit did not work....DIRT advises I leave EHD's attached overnight to see if they are recognized....EHD's were purchased through DISH link.....if overnight does not work then I will make a decision whether or not to keep old hopper and so w/o the upcoming android app....EHD's are Seagate 2TB and Western Digital 1TB...both have DISH recordings and worked great on old Hopper and one dates back to a 922 I had.....while I'm at it I mentioned to DIRT that they need to come up with a way to have PIP on Joey's.....long overdue!

That is offshore advanced tech support, if you called or chatted at some time after midnight. Onshore (US) advanced tech support will usually be very helpful, but offshore? You roll the dice and take your chances. They don't have Dish service.

Glad you're talking to DIRT now. I have seen EHDs give issues getting them to be recognized by the new receiver, and it's often resolved by a hit, as others have said. Dish is pretty limited in being able to help, with an EHD we don't sell or control, some EHDs are more picky than others, it seems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts