Need Docs for Ajak mount

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I've attached my H180 manual and also sent it to the manual forum. Iceberg's document was for the Ajak Geo-Sync, which was a little brother of the H180. They seem very similar.

I was able to set my declination to 5.5 degrees, which is within a few-hundredths of the correct value for here. I don't have my notes from measuring the holes anymore, and I was only trying to find the right combination for my latitude. From what I recall, it seemed you could step in at least 0.5 degree increments.
Posted same, Thanks!

AJAK made three primary models of HH motor, although some versions may have been marketed under different names.

AJAK PATRIOT typically used on mesh antennas 5-6 feet in diameter
AJAK AIMER normally used on 7.5 and 8.5 foot mesh antennas, although
you may find a few pushing their limits with 10-foot antennas.
AJAK H-180 for 10 to 12 foot mesh antennas.

The reason that you are seeing confusing differences in declination settings and attachment points is because AJAK made separate deals with every antenna manufacturer back in those days (1990s), to supply a motor system. Depending upon the circumstances, most companies built their own interface between the motor which allowed them to easily match the attachment points on their antennas. Therefore some might have used shims in 1/4 and 1/2 degree increments (Paraclipse), otherwise may have used a system of holes, while most remaining companies used a threaded rod arrangement for declination. Orbitron built a fixture to connect their SPINCLINATION system, which used a slightly larger pipe with set bolts to secure the typical 3.5 inch OD pipe stub on the back of their mounts. This allowed easy upgrade from Polar Mount to HH Mount. Simply change the mounting assembly on the pipe and slight the dish out of one and into the other after the HH mount was placed on the pipe.

Now ancient history, but provided to give you some background on why there are many ways to connect an AJAK motor to various satellite antennas.

Thanks Mike

Just ordered some bronze bearings (to turn down) to replace the plastic bearing that was originally used

Search for manuals Ajak

Ajak revisie 006.jpgAjak revisie 003.jpg

Digging up this old Ajak tread searching for the manuals of the Patriot and Aimer so I can identify the one I have .
I modified it to use it with a 120 cm FIBO gregorian KU dish.
Who can help me out ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts