Need equipment recommendations

LarryHes

Original poster
Jul 21, 2007
Seeking specific Dish equipment recommendations for personal installation. Both Dish and Direct installers will not install because they doubt they can get acceptable reception. (For the record, I am one of the first million adopters and have been on Satellite since late 1995 when it first came out.) Currently installed is a Superdish and an entry level receiver, a system that delivers fairly strong local signals, range from 75 to 95, and 45 to 60 strength for all other signals on sats 110 and 119. Have recently purchased a plasma HDTV and would like to get the 61.5 sat.

I believe by using three dishes, I can obtain better signals as I could locate the dish to receive the strongest signal from each satellite. I would like to feed the signals into an HD receiver.

Any suggestions as to dish, switches, receivers that would do the best job in a marginally acceptable signal area? Your suggestions would be appreciated.

If you want 3 separate dishes then just use dish500's and order an I bracket to replace the y bracket that is normally on them and set the skew to 90. Use dish pro dual or single lnbs and a DP34 or DPP44 switch to combine them all together before running the feeds to the receiver.

Refused to install because they said had too many trees and they did not want to waste their time and get me a satisfactory signal.

Thank you for your response. Sorry I took so long to reply. I was on a business trip.

I will look for used equipment as it appears Dish and Direct won't provide equipment for personal installation. Thanks again.

Just make sure the used equipment does not have a balance due on it or belongs to Dish. If you want HD VIP-622 you may be able to buy a used one but I doubt it. If someone has one I would bet it belongs to dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts