Need help adding 2nd receiver

garyjatt13

Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
I wanted to set up 2nd receiver, in my sons bedroom, which I have no idea how to do and Im hoping you guys might be able to help?

I wanted to give as much detail as possible so it would be easier to help.

Satellite: dish networks 1000
Receiver vip622 that has dvr. The one receiver works 2 tvs main tv and one in my master both have dvr.

I have somewhat of a new house and it came pre wired for satellite through out the house. The main wiring hub is in my master bedroom, which has lots of slots, which I have no idea what they are for, but they are labeled.

From the satellite: their is only one coax line coming out of the satellite and going in to my house much must be connected to the hub in the master bedroom. the coax goes from a slot labeled satellite 8 from the hub to, top of one side of a splitter and the bottom side of that splitter is connected to a coax coming from the hub labeled EQ which has to be the line in my living room where the vip622 receiver is located. the other side of splitter is connected by coax to a coax labeled master bedroom coming out of the hub.

The connection from the back of the receiver: their is a coax coming out of the wall which is connected to top of a splitter, which has two coaxes coming out of it one side is directly connected to the receiver slot labeled ( home distribution out). And the other side of that splitter is connected to a another splitter type thing labeled (separator). And that separator has to coax's coming from it, which are connected to 2 slots on the receiver labeled satellite 1 and satellite 2.

So with this set up can I add another receiver and how hard or easy is it??? If some one could walk me through it that would be great I would really appreciate any help you guys could give! Thank you.

well for one dont worry about the 622 setup dont touch anything with it... second you will need a second line from the dish to where all your cables are in your bedroom then hooked into the cable running to your kids room.

where on the dish do i add the second line? is that the only way i could do it?? could i split the signal from inside??

where on the dish do i add the second line? is that the only way i could do it?? could i split the signal from inside??
No the sat signal cannot be split, and since you said that thee is only one cable coming from the dish(ie. the LNB) then you would have to run one from there. which should actually go from there to a groundblock then to you junction in your master bedroom.

thanks dave i really appreciate you taking time out to help me.

where on the lnb would the second cable go?

The 1000 dish is set up with a dish pro plus twin and a dp dual (the twin should say dp plus on the cover, on that there will be 2 ports on the left side 1 will be used by your first line the other should be empty(this is where your new cable will go) the single port on the right side is the input for the dp dual

What screws would I have to loosen to swing the dish around so I could get to the LNB and not disturb the signal after I install the coax??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts