Need Help ASAP plz plz plz

Status
Please reply by conversation.

barg007

Original poster
Feb 20, 2010
Texas
I have a Coship CDVB8133A receiver , i live in Irving Texas 75063 , i'm not sure what dish i need ,or how big is it and what kind of Lnb ,also interesting in watching 2m morocco , Al Maghribia. somebody said i can find them on galaxy 25 or 19 , also they said Telstar 5. plz any help is really appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't found anything on that receiver. Could it be a 3188 model ?
1. A 36" offset dish with a standard linear lnbf , will be fine for the satellite at 97W.
2. The satellite at 97W is currently named Galaxy 19, but WAS Galaxy 25 WAS in that position, and several years ago Telstar 5 was in the same position, with the same programming.
Welcome to the best FTA satellite forum on earth.
:)

@ brentb636

yes sir you're right it is 3188 sorry, but for some reason i couldn't find Galaxy 19 !!! i appreciate your time , thx a lot.

Sat names change all the time, the orbital location is the constant.
97 west is what Sat you are aiming for, currently called Galaxy 19.
Now it does not matter how it's listed in the Coship Receiver. In the Setup Menu, look for any of the 3: Galaxy 19, Galaxy 25, or Telstar 5. If none of those are listed, look for any Sat that has 97 west for it's location. When you find the Sat, you must select the proper LNB options - it's not plug-n-play. Look on the LNB, there should be a sticker with the info, you are looking for "L.O." usually "10750" or "Low:9750 / High: 10600".
Now look for "Transponder" or "TP" on that same setup menu, select and look for 12152 in the list. If 12152 is not listed, go here "http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/index.php?page=97+Galaxy+25" for more active transponders.

Using your Zip Code, Dishpointer.com comes up with:
iw_close.gif
iw_plus.gif
Full-screen
iw_minus.gif
Address: 75063
Latitude: 32.9123°
Longitude: -96.9800°
Satellite: 97.0W Galaxy 19
Elevation: 51.7° Dish Elevation
Azimuth (magn.): 175.7° Using a Compass

If at all possible, take the Receiver and small TV to the dish, set Dish Elevation, and slooooooowly move the Dish to the proper compass reading and beyond. When the Quality meter lights up, you should be good. Dish Elevation markings are known to be off a few degrees, so don't be afraid to tweak a little for better readings.

2. The satellite at 97W is currently named Galaxy 19, but WAS Galaxy 25 WAS in that position, and several years ago Telstar 5 was in the same position, with the same programming.

Actually, Telstar 5 = Intelsat Americas 5 = Intelsat 3005 = Galaxy 25 , ie all the same satellite, just with name changes. No wonder people get confused. Bad enough when new sats replace old, or sats move to new positions, but when they change the names of the same sat, it's doubly confusing.

24812 97026A

Guys thank you so so much for all ur help , one lat Q , i promise i won't ask again , if u dont mind just give me a name of the dish and LNB so when i go to buy i'll have a name to tell them.

There are many different Brands and Models for each, and everyone has an opinion.
I'd buy the biggest dish you can afford, and a decent LNB is about $15 - $20.
If you are not buying locally, try one of the Gold Sponsors like SatelliteAV and GalaxyMarketing.

007, That's an old receiver, but still a good basic one for free to air, I still have mine. One neat thing I found with it, the signal level screen makes it somewhat easy to find the satellite. Just pick out the satellite you want, choose a transponder on its list, and watch the signal level bar-graph while you slowly pan the dish east and west. (the top bar--not the quality level line yet). If you get close to a satellite signal, you'll notice the signal strength fluctuate a bit. Stop moving the dish when you see that> adjust dish elevation up or down until you get some signal quality, the bottom line of the signal screen, and run a blind scan. You'll most likely find something. Then you can compare the channels to The List (here, top of page) and see how close you are to the satellite you want! Other receivers can do this better, but I got used to this 3188's ways so I still use it sometimes to align dishes.

Actually, Telstar 5 = Intelsat Americas 5 = Intelsat 3005 = Galaxy 25 , ie all the same satellite, just with name changes. No wonder people get confused. Bad enough when new sats replace old, or sats move to new positions, but when they change the names of the same sat, it's doubly confusing.

24812 97026A

Yeah it's even more confusing when they change the number that they use at a position, for example...

It said 97w was at 97w but really it's at 83w but at one time 97w was at 103w...so on Tuesdays when it is raining, we call it 103w or on Leap Day we call it 127w because when it was first deployed it was there for a while too.

That of course, was completely false. If you refer to a location by geographical position, nobody will be confused.

Somebody might not know what transponders are at that position because they memorized transponders with the name of the spacecraft that they are bolted onto.

(sorry guys. I can't help it. Anytime this comes up, I gotta chime in)

Yeah it's even more confusing when they change the number that they use at a position, for example...

It said 97w was at 97w but really it's at 83w but at one time 97w was at 103w...so on Tuesdays when it is raining, we call it 103w or on Leap Day we call it 127w because when it was first deployed it was there for a while too.

That of course, was completely false. If you refer to a location by geographical position, nobody will be confused.

Somebody might not know what transponders are at that position because they memorized transponders with the name of the spacecraft that they are bolted onto.

(sorry guys. I can't help it. Anytime this comes up, I gotta chime in)

You can chime in all you want, but if you take up a hobby, and join a forum and ask for help, refuse to learn the terminology used in the hobby, then complain that people aren't talking in a language that you care to learn, then I don't understand how you expect people to communicate with you. This is not a situation of memorizing anything, this is a situation of communication. There are people in this hobby for whom the geographic longitudes mean absolutely nothing, and yet they make an effort to communicate with people too stubborn to talk in anything but longitudes. If you want the language dumbed down, you might as well subscribe to DN or DTV , then you won't even have to worry about longitudes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts