Need help buying an HDTV

classic cartoon fan

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 3, 2006
Preble County, Ohio
I was looking into getting an HDTV that is about a 42-46 inches. Which is better LCD or Plasma?
I also wanted the TV to have full HD capablilty. I'm not sure if this is common on these TVs, but do HDTVs have an off-air capability to show digital HD programming or do I have to get a box?
Lastly I would like to know what is the best brand to go with or with the lest amount of troubles. I'm not to worried about the cost at this point.
Thanks

I was looking into getting an HDTV that is about a 42-46 inches. Which is better LCD or Plasma?
I also wanted the TV to have full HD capablilty. I'm not sure if this is common on these TVs, but do HDTVs have an off-air capability to show digital HD programming or do I have to get a box?
Lastly I would like to know what is the best brand to go with or with the lest amount of troubles. I'm not to worried about the cost at this point.
Thanks

LCD's use less electricity than plasma's.All new HDTV's have a built in ATSC tuner for off air.Suggest you subscribe to Consumer Reports to decide on a good HDTV.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)