Need Help Connecting Wet54G to 722

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Miller1236

Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
Aurora,IL.
I just purchased a Linksys wet54g Ethernet bridge, what step do I take to install this bridge to my 722 box to go wireless. The installation Cd will no work on my vista 64.

Can't promise that this will work 100% but i was able to get the installer started.

1) Right click on setup.exe and go to properties.
2) Click on compatibility tab at the top.
3) Make sure the check box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
4) Make sure windows xp is selected from the drop down box.
5) Click Ok
6) Right click on setup.exe and choose "Run as administrator"

As I said, I can't promise this will work since I dont have this device but I did open the program which I wasn't able to before.

Give yourself a static IP address on the PC you are using to configure (like 192.168.1.100). Go to:

Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Network Connections.

Right click on the wired connection you are using and select Properties. Click on "Internet Protocol Version 4" and select Properties. Select "Use the following IP address" and put in 192.168.1.100 for the IP; 255.255.255.0 for the Subnet; and 192.168.1.1 for the gateway. No need for a DNS server. Click OK.

Plug the bridge directly into your PC using an ethernet cable. Follow the instructions in chapter 3 of the manual (http://downloads.linksysbycisco.com/downloads/WET54G_V30_UG_C-WEB,0.pdf) by opening a browser and going to 192.168.1.226. Configure the bridge to connect to your wireless network.

Change your IP address back to Obtain Automatically in the setup you changed above. Plug your PC back into the network. Plug the bridge into your 722 and you should be golden.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)