Need Help from Dirt Team Member for Hopper/Joey Issue

CU2000

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
Have a customer that I installed about a month ago with I Hopper/sling & 3 Joeys. Customer has been complaining that the Joeys would loose connection. They were getting error message 1303.
I replaced the node & Tap & have not gotten that error message any more however there are still issues. Customer says that the Joeys will black out occasionally for a few seconds & come back on.
They also say that we changing channels using the up/down buttons that sometimes the channels banner show with black screen after for a few seconds however eventually pic comes back. No error message is displayed. I have since removed the 3 way splitter & the Tap going to Joeys & have just one Joey connected to Client port of node. When I last checked with them they said they were still experiencing same problem maybe not as much. Since then I moved a Joey from another location to see if its just the original Joey in the bedroom. Have not heard if there has been any change in operation since I moved Joey. Any Ideas?

Ya should really get this into the installer zone....but my question would be are all the cables new to the joeys and are all 3 of them having the same issue? If they are having the same issue are they happening at the same time?

Lots of questions to verify issues here.

I also recommend going to the installer zone (while I have no idea what exactly is in there). I can't speak for DIRT, but as a Dish employee, I can tell you, when I do talk to installers with Hopper/Joey install problems, I can only give anecdotal advice based on what I know from being there a good while. The 1303 error code has a troubleshooting flow that involves resetting the Hopper, resetting the network from the Settings/Network Setup/Broadband screen, then doing a whole home reset (unplug all Hoppers and Joeys from the power, then rebuild it back by plugging in the Hopper, waiting for it to fully load, then plugging in each Joey). After that, our flow says to...wait for it...send a tech to the site to resolve it.

My experience (hey, we're all somewhat limited on Hoppers and Joeys), limited as it is, makes me wonder about the cabling between the node and the units, like dvrexpander said. Also, every Joey getting a 1303? If only 1 or 2 Joeys, move it (a Joey) and see if the problem follows the receiver or stays at the location.

Is the installer zone in Sat Guys I scanned through the list & did not see it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts