need help getting Galaxy 19 @ 97West

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

RtpiFan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
I am unable to lock 97west on any transponder using TP's from Satellites, Positions & Strong Transponders
Using 80cm dish and just want to tune RTPi for my folks they had roof repair and had take dish down now have major pain locking in.

Address: Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Latitude: 45.5017°
Longitude: -73.5673°

Satellite: 97W GALAXY 19 (G-19)
Elevation: 32.7°
Azimuth (true): 211.3°
Azimuth (magn.): 225.7°

Can someone give me strong active transponder that would best to lock it in.

Well luck isn't going to get this done as you have noticed. ;) We need to think about this logically and just make sure we have the basics. Since this is just an antenna re-install we need not worry about any settings in the receiver or compatibility issues with the equipment. 1st step is to make sure the mast is plumb. There are many smart phone apps that will turn your phone into a inclinometer. Or if you access to a bubble level. Without a straight mast you can't measure the other angles correctly. Without a straight mast the dish won't reflect the signal correctly, even when you are pointed at the satellite. Check and make sure the coax connection to the LNBF has not been damaged or corroded.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts