Need help getting my new DRS-905 side car to work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Larry,
I am glad your having some luck. Sounds like you are headed down the road I said, but maybe my post wasn't detailed enough? Below are some links to help you.
4DTV guide updates at G1 CH.3 (133 degrees) I can't remember for sure but your guide might not update without you having a subscribed programming package. You also have to make sure you have your polarity right and have the green Sat icon on the sidecar. If you get your Sat positioned to this location and get a signal you might want to uplug it from the wall for a bit and let it reset and reload. This is a very slow process so don't worry about it.
Before I took my C-band (Houston Tracker 9 1993 bought at Skyvision)setup down with DSR-905 sidecar I used NPS programmming service. They were trying hard to get more channels on 4DTV. I received good service there. I am not sure if you have a KU band LNB ? This will determine how many Sats and channels you can get on 4DTV

NPS - Your One Call Solution

4DTV Tech Tips

Good Luck

You are getting there. Sorry if my earlier post wasn't detailed enough about the servo deal. Sounds like you headed down the road I went on before. The 4DTV guide is at G1 channel 3 (133 degrees)now. I would tune to it, get the green icon then unplug the side car for a bit, then plug it back up and set back and wait for the sidecar to reload. This is a slow process so don't worry just let it set there for ~30 min. I don't think it will reload the guide completely without a programmer . I used NPS before I shut mine down and had good luck. Back at that time they were always trying to add more channels on 4DTV.
If you have C and KU band LNB's You only have to find about 7 sats.

4DTV Tech Tips

Well that lucks dumb on my part. My computer was acting up last night. I didn't think my post got uploaded the first time!
HAHA

Status
Please reply by conversation.