Please reply by conversation.

sonyajon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 15, 2009
New Mexico
HI

Need to know how to hook this up until the dust settles.

Have my 922 slaved to our AZBOX.

The goal is to dis-connect the coaxes from the 922 and just use the 922 as the dish mover for the AZBOX. The problem is that there is only one coax connector on the AZBOX.

This is how I have the boxes wired now.
Connecting BUD C KU Band dish to one DVB receiver

Since we have only been at this for 9 months now, we know this may seem really ignorant to the rest of you all.

I need both Ku and C-Band coaxes to get the channels we have scanned in now on the AZBOX and there is plenty for us to watch until the dust settles.

Any advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Wasn't sure if this was the right forum to post this

Based on the way you have it wired and you want to let the Dsr922 sit, all you have to do is remove the cables from the back of the 922 and you will be able to move the dish and utilize the Azbox on any satellite you choose by moving it from the sat list on the 922.

Regards,

Candid

:DThank you Sir, kinda what I was thinking and will try tomorrow, really appreciate your help

I'm not sure that the LNB's would have any power going to them if the cables were simply removed from the 922, based on the diagram.
The splitters only allow power from the 922 to power up the LNB's - not the AZBoz.

Last edited:
I'm not sure that the LNB's would have any power going to them if the cables were simply removed from the 922, based on the diagram.
The splitters only allow power from the 922 to power up the LNB's - not the AZBoz.

Ya if your using the 4D to power the LNB it ain't gonna work (DC block to Azboz). Mine is slaved like this too but I won't pull my 4D coax. I will just make sure I'm on a non DC channel 1-24 that gets no DC lock light and leave the 4D on. Just have to watch what your doing and be careful. No big deal really.

I just park my dish on G4 (Galaxy 16) - Transponder 17. Most times there is a test pattern and a clock to watch if they are not running programs.
Since I am going to move my dish, here is what I did. I went to all the satellites and put each one on a 1-24 channel with no DC activity on it (and wrote them down). That way when I move the dish after Dec 26, my 922 won't be downloading anything unintentionally. When I am done with the dish back on to G4-17 it goes, and it is ALWAYS left on. There is no DC at all on that satellite.

If you want to pull your LNB cables from your 922 you would have to take your splitters out the circuit and put the cables from the LNB's directly into your switch. Then you would have to program your AZBox, and, for each satellite, get power turned on to the LNB's. When the "Dust Settles" you would have to reverse all these steps. It's just NOT worth screwing up your whole functioning system for just 1 or 2 weeks.

As TvroPro said - just be careful (and cautious) for the next little while.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.