Need help identifying 129 satellite

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

glowrdr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
Up at our new seasonal site, and after a month - finally decided to get our Tailgater set up. Running into issues though because we got one of the “nice” lots next to the tree line. Doh!

Tried setting the tailgater on top of our slide, and could only see 110. Move it to the roof, all the way to the front of the camper and now I can get 110 and 119, but still missing 119.
Ive tried downloading a couple of “sat finder” apps, which helped me quite a bit. My issue though is I’m unable to identify what ecostar satellites are what. I found E11 through a sliver in some trees, but not sure what I need for 129. Any chance someone can tell me what satellite I’m looking for? Obviously 119, but that’s not an option on any sat finder apps (unless someone can point me in the right direction).

Probably looking at doing a tripod mount for the tailgater, but I’d like to make sure it works up here before I’m in the same boat (just with a tripod next time).
TIA

Up at our new seasonal site, and after a month - finally decided to get our Tailgater set up. Running into issues though because we got one of the “nice” lots next to the tree line. Doh!

Tried setting the tailgater on top of our slide, and could only see 110. Move it to the roof, all the way to the front of the camper and now I can get 110 and 119, but still missing 119.
Ive tried downloading a couple of “sat finder” apps, which helped me quite a bit. My issue though is I’m unable to identify what ecostar satellites are what. I found E11 through a sliver in some trees, but not sure what I need for 129. Any chance someone can tell me what satellite I’m looking for? Obviously 119, but that’s not an option on any sat finder apps (unless someone can point me in the right direction).

Probably looking at doing a tripod mount for the tailgater, but I’d like to make sure it works up here before I’m in the same boat (just with a tripod next time).
TIA
The 129 is Galaxy 27, Echostar 5 and it's much lower in the sky than the 119

Reactions: glowrdr
Get the Winegard TV Signal Finder app and it will identify the sats in the AR view by location. The screen shot below obviously shows a location that was not suited to western arc reception from that spot. ;)

(scroll down)
Winegard - TV Signal Finder App

Capture+_2019-03-19-08-21-54.png

Thanks again. Exactly what I needed. Found another app that had AR which is how I found I needed to move to the front of the camper. But neither app I downloaded had E5/G27

Check to see if you have a good eastern arc LOS in case you decide to go to a tripod mounted 1000.2 full face dish.
Is that the 61/71/77? Clear view if that’s the case.

I did however move the dish/ladder to the front of my lot and got all 3 satellites locked. No programming though - only PPV showing. Just give it time? (not that I’ll leave it like this - literally a stack of blocks on top of a ladder with the tailgate on top of that)

• Haha
Reactions: TheKrell
Looks like 129 will pass the switch Check, but I get no signal strength when I check that satellite by itself. So the next question, if I pick up a permanent dish and tripod - will it work with my Joey, or do I need to find a 211 (or its equivalent if it’s changed)? Definitely not looking to set up service at 2 locations. Might see if we get decent enough service to stream dish from a fire stick as a last resort.

Looks like 129 will pass the switch Check, but I get no signal strength when I check that satellite by itself. So the next question, if I pick up a permanent dish and tripod - will it work with my Joey, or do I need to find a 211 (or its equivalent if it’s changed)? Definitely not looking to set up service at 2 locations. Might see if we get decent enough service to stream dish from a fire stick as a last resort.
You can't use a Joey without a Hopper. Joeys are clients to the Hopper and are not standalone receivers. You need a 211 or Wally.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The Dish eastern arc sats are at 61.5, 72.7, and 77 (Winegard app shows them as 61, 72, 77). Only 61. and 72.7 are needed for the full programming capability though. I suspect your receiver is a Wally, not a Joey that requires a Hopper to connect to. A 1000.2 tripod mounted dish with an eastern arc dual LNB will work fine with the Wally, and even a Hopper if you want to upgrade to more tuners.

I suspect your receiver is a Wally, not a Joey that requires a Hopper to connect to. A 1000.2 tripod mounted dish with an eastern arc dual LNB will work fine with the Wally, and even a Hopper if you want to upgrade to more tuners.
Awesome. Thanks for the info. Yeah, I misspoke when I said Joey. But this gives me enough info to run with. Appreciate the help from everyone!

Not sure why you are having issues dialing in satellites using a dish pointer app. Dish is easier to point since their satellites have more power then like DirecTV‘s birds. Keep trying as it’s not that difficult. When I camp, satellite tv is a no no. Enjoy nature and leave the dish at home.

Not sure why you are having issues dialing in satellites using a dish pointer app. Dish is easier to point since their satellites have more power then like DirecTV‘s birds. Keep trying as it’s not that difficult. When I camp, satellite tv is a no no. Enjoy nature and leave the dish at home.
His issue isn't aiming, it's line of sight. The dish he's using is self-aiming.

Reactions: harshness

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)