Need help in Denver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CO951

Original poster
Aug 25, 2007
Littleton, CO
Can anybody help me? I live in Littleton, CO and have been trying to setup a FTA system and just can seem to get it to work. I have a Viewsat VS PRO receiver, a 3ABN dish, and have tried 2 different linear LNBs. I also have a SG2100 motor, but haven't really tried to use it yet. I have set up and aimed Dish Network systems a few times before, but can't seem to get the FTA to pick up any kind of signal. Is there anyone in the Denver area I could bribe with beer & pizza to help me get it working? Thanks!

you can probably locate a local installer here

installing a fta system is a bit harder than setting up a dishnetwork or DTV system but most of us here have walked folks through a install and setup . the main thing is to not get frustrated. the next is to set the system up without a motor to get the feel of doing a setup plus you can see how the dish points. then you get to move up to setup on a motor. after you have the basics down it gets easier.

1st get a satellite (your TS sat is anik F2) but we will try to hit g10
set your dish up and this is just a ballpark setting your actual setting might differ slightly after tuning) set you dish on a level and plumb pole. aim the dish at 196.3 via a compas next set the dish elevation to 40.5 and set the lnb skew to 20.5

from here if you don't have a signal (and quality is what we are looking for)

in the viewsat setup make sure the lnb is set to 10750 and probably single or standard. also pick a live transponder ( or select g10 in the receiver menu) and select a transponder listed there.

once you have all this setup then you will make slight adjustments ( 1/16 of a inch) at a time east or west and up or down as needed until the receiver responds to a signal.

its not hard and it looks easy but is a bit time consuming , its also best to setup close to the dish so you can make adjustments and watch for signal.

hope this helps, check back if you have questions... we will walk you through it. This is a good group of guys here and will help most anytime :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)