New FTA user with problemo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

joecon

Original poster
Oct 6, 2007
Hello,

I am new to FTA and have a 9foot dish, Pansat 3500SD receiver, Vbox III mover, and switched my old C band feedhorn to a C Band and Ku Band Astrotel Electronic feedhorn.
I am having fits setting up the Pansat receiver. I have already set the F/D and Polar axis and have located what appears to be Galaxy 10R but am only receiving Transponders 3920, 4160, and 4180. Of these the only one with free channels is 4180. Why can’t I get the rest of the transponders on the bird?

I thought with this setup I could pull in most free channels from the satellites available in my area. Any help would be appreciated as the setup manual for the Pansat is no help. My zip code here is 82832.

Thanks in advance.

thats about the only one i can get myself with my pansat 2800a on c band. tp's 3920 & 4160 are scrambled. their good for aiming your dish, but their not free. checkout lyngsat's page to see what you can get.
and welcome to satelliteguys!

whats the best sat?

Thanks,

That is dissapointing. I was hoping to pick up at least the two Wyoming channels broadcasting off this satellite since that is where I live. What satellites can you get the most channels from? Maybe I just need to replace my burnt out 4DTV. I am having a hard time picking up anything besides the Outdoor Channel.

Maybe I need to download a bin? file. I thought is was supposed to come with the latest. I will keep plugging away.:(

Thanks again for the response.

there is some Wyoming channels on G10R but their on the ku side. I get them on one of my other dishes. I would just go to lyngsat.com and click on "america" and it'll show all the sats from 61.5w to 148w. the sats that are "red" are c band, "yellow" is c & ku band, "green" is ku only. (hope i got that right). the 4-digit are the c band & the 5-digit are ku.
happy hunting!

KU Setup

Wow, How dumb of me. Trying to get KU stuff off of the C band Sat.

Thanks a lot!!! :D

C band transponders

Why am I unable to find transponders on C band that have free TV (According to Lyngsat)? The transponder numbers do not show up on my Pansat 3500SD. Example G16 shows no transponder 3950.

are you finding anything else on that satellite, is this a new setup or is it a old setup. ( was it tracking the arc correctly) if you are able to move the big dish leave the receiver tuned to that transponder and bump the motor east or west a few clicks.

Why am I unable to find transponders on C band that have free TV (According to Lyngsat)? The transponder numbers do not show up on my Pansat 3500SD. Example G16 shows no transponder 3950.

stuff moves around all the time. Move the dish to G4/G16 and set the LNB LO for 5150 and do a blind scan (smart scan). It should find it

for an easier to read list, check out thelist :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.