Need Help. My Superdish is out

Stainless Steele

Original poster
Oct 8, 2006
Hello,
I'm new here but I lost reception on friday and have been unable to restore my service.
Here is what I know...

I have a Superdish pointed @ 110, 119,105

I have 1 311 receiver and a Dp34 switch

It just kept going through the transponders with aquiring signal.

I ran a switch check and it says no switch installed..i looked under signal strength and nothing.

I just happen to have a spare dp34 from a friend who went to cable..so I hooked that up quickly and now I have picture/signal on 110,119 (my 105 has been out of alignment for a few weeks so i know about that issue) So I go to put the weather boots on the new switch and bolt it to the wall after i removed my old one. Well now I'm back to nothing. reran switch test and it says no switch. Any ideas?
Also can someone email me the superdish manual? ryan.steele@gmail.com
Also is there an order to the LBN's into the switch?

I agree you could have some bad cables. Also, the center conductor needs to be longer than normal where it feeds into the DP-34. However, since it has been working, that probably is not a problem; unless it has always been hot and expanded and now that its getting cooler it contracted.

But I would recommend, powering down your receiver, unplugging it from the wall, reconnect your old DP-34, then power up your receiver and then do a check switch. Sometimes a complete power down will reset everything.

When you say cables do you mean between the switch and the dish? between the switch and the receiver? or all of the above? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts