Need help! Newbie here over his head

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

fleetc

Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
Florida
Hi Folks, I have a few questions that hopefully someone can help with. I just ordered TAN TV (Korean channels) for my wife, through Home2US. They said I will be able to use my DirectTV dish(s) for the satellite signal. So, they will just be sending their standard Receiver and Access card. I will be doing the install myself (repointing the dish) and replacing the receiver. I know I will need a signal meter and will order one shortly. Any pointers on doing this?

The bigger question. The standard receiver does not have any DVR capabilites. Does anyone have any suggestions for a replacement receiver that will work with their signals that and have either DVR or a plug in USB hard drive recording capabilites. I am assuming just plug in the access card from the supplied receiver to the new one.

Here is a link to an earlier thread on this same subject. http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/100991-tan-tv-dvr.html The links I need are outdated, and I have no idea what I am looking for.

Thanks for any help given.

Chuck

as for the dish, that wont work unless its the DirecTV World dish. You need a dish at least 30" and have the proper LNBas for the receiver that works with the card, Visionsat receiver will work with the card (as noted in the link you provided)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)