Need help on decision.

bcj1jrj

Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Hello, i do unserstand that there is an iptv section of the forum but i think it is dead. If you really do not want me to post it here please move it.

I have been looking at the ITVN service. Probably somthing you have heard about ( www.itvn.com ) My question about it is that it has a channel line up. But under the live tv section it says that there is a growing number of channels but it dosent list what channels or content they show. Any one have any info on that? Or any screenshots of the playback quality? Its really hard to find good reviews for it so any help would be appreciated. THANKS!

Currently, it's mostly adult movies. But there is about to be a big increase in offerings, before year's end, I believe. If you sign up, please help this site and use this link to sign up. You lose nothing by doing so and gain a special members only deal:
http://itvncash.com/hit.php?s=1&p=4&w=100596&t=19&c=348

The deal is 15 days free, and you don't have to buy the equipment. You can just use it and return it if you drop the service. No contract or minimum period, either.

BCJ,

Trust me when I tell you this, a lot of things are coming soon which have been posted here, such as Starz and Starz (and Encore) on Demand, Karaoke On Demand, Pulse (Music Video Service) and MORE (I hear they are going to have a few surprise channel announcements soon, but I don't know what they are, but I do understand its a mainstream stuf that people have been begging the satellite companies for).

There is a few very big reviews (with photos) in the pub member areas, because it contains adult content we needed to put it there, however with the new ITVN is so much more then adult.

The PQ is as good if not better then SD channels from the Satellite companies, of course it all depends on your internet connection.

We will be hearing a lot out of ITVN soon, IPTV is the future of television, I have no doubt in my mind about it.

The real intrest i have in it is that it is very affordable. I dont watch tv too much to pay for satellite. I guess my other questions would be is the content shown now worth getting to hold me off untill the new content comes. Also if any one has heard anything about when the new content comes if you will just have to keep paying for all the new channels and what not just to get the entertainment. I did see that they raised the price for the basic subscription from 4.95 to 9.99. That may be a sign that more things are included. THANKS for all the help guys.

OMG!!!!!

Setanta sports is probably worth it on its own. IF globecast didn't require using their equip, then I would have gone with them. My biggest concern about the IPTV service is the picture quality, but I guess at 30 day free trial might take care of that. :)

Does the equip allow for future HD channels via the componnent inputs or will it require new equipment? Are they sending Mpeg4?

Scott,

Any more leaks or rummors about future channels and relative timetables. With my birthday next week, I may be able to sqeeze the wife if there are some channels coming that she would enjoy :)

These are all really good questions. We should keep this thread full of official announcements and rumors/reviews of itvn. If a few people on this board who have state what they think we could get a nice conversation started :)

I just wanted to jump in and give my thoughts,, I have Overseatv
http://store.overseatv.com/default.cfm?RID=1834&TID=3

And i am VERY happy with it. It was easy to install customer service was great and the picture quality is better then what i was expecting, and i think in time it will only get better and better. As was mentioned IPTV is the wave of the future.
I was going to go with globecast for my russian TV but i only got 3 Russian chanels and they were very sighlty different version of the real Russian channels i wanted so then i found http://store.overseatv.com/default.cfm?RID=1834&TID=3
And now i have 12 channels with all the programing i was looking for plus i payied one time fee and now i never have to pay agian.

With a 15 day trial it's worth it to just get it hook it up and try it i think your gonna like IPTV it's pretty KOOL!!
\

scottc98 said:
Does the equip allow for future HD channels via the componnent inputs or will it require new equipment? Are they sending Mpeg4?
No HD on it and dont think it can do it (and if it could you would need a hell of a fast internet connection)

As far as new channels go I know they are about to announce some but I don't know what they are.

bcj1jrj said:
These are all really good questions. We should keep this thread full of official announcements and rumors/reviews of itvn. If a few people on this board who have state what they think we could get a nice conversation started :)
Up until now ITVN has been mostly adult content so a majority of the chat have been in our pub area. However now they are going mainstream with offerings like Starz and Encore I can see the area taking off. :)

We have a great relationship with ITVN and I would like this to be the premiere ITVN Chat sites on the Internet. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Up until now ITVN has been mostly adult content so a majority of the chat have been in our pub area. However now they are going mainstream with offerings like Starz and Encore I can see the area taking off. :)

We have a great relationship with ITVN and I would like this to be the premiere ITVN Chat sites on the Internet. :)

I deffinatly agree with you since itvn dosent have any forums or chat rooms to talk about the service.

Scott Greczkowski said:
No HD on it and dont think it can do it (and if it could you would need a hell of a fast internet connection)

As far as new channels go I know they are about to announce some but I don't know what they are.

True on the streaming HD. You could do some on-demand HD stuff if its encoded right to bring the file size down (ex. WMV9) and do a large buffer. Or, if they came out with new equip and installed a Hard Drive for the DL.

Not going to watch any sports or live tv, but other HD content would be a plus

since we are on the discussion about itvn, does itvn come with a guide like digital cable or direct tv to show you what show is on or whats on next?

Scott Greczkowski said:

While ITVN may offer Adult Programming there has plenty of non-adult material as well/

ITVN has offered a wonderful selection of programming (dozens of sub-channels) under the Silver Screen Channel. Everything from Classic Movies to Musicals to Classic Cartoons to even Classic TV.

If you have not yet checked out what is under Silver Screen then you really are missing something. I will also add that Silver Screen was not only the major selling point for me but has also been the hook which I have used to get friends and family to consider this great product.

bcj1jrj said:
I deffinatly agree with you since itvn dosent have any forums or chat rooms to talk about the service.

SlingTalk tried to get something going by offering a ITVN discussion area. I was even asked to provide a review (which I have delayed until after the September 1 launch) since I purchased one as soon as the product was on the market. The problem there is that Slingtalk is pretty much a dead forum with very little traffic so I would be willing to throw my support toward another forum.

ITVN / Setanta Sports update ...

Replay folks did you get a blank E-mail from dnna ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)