Need Help Please

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gopokes

Original poster
Aug 31, 2004
Tulsa, Oklahoma
My brother is a new Directv customer and had an HR-20 installed Saturday with the new Slim 5lnb dish. His is a 100 series unit as well. The trouble is with Tuner 2 it does not get any signal on the 99, or 103 satellite. Tuner 1 does and works fine, and tuner 2 sees 101,110, and 119 just fine. We tried swapping the connection from Tuner 1, over to Tuner 2 and still had the same problem.

My question is do you think he has a bad tuner 2 on the box? Or is it something at the switch on the dish?

I will check mine, I don't think the 99 sat is operational yet so your receiver will not find it but I will check tonite

Couple things:

1) If he has a multiswitch, did he get the new one that is required? Needs the Zinwell WB68. Any old switch will not pass on the KA band properly.

2) On the HR20 go into the setup menu and do a restart. When the screen goes blank pull the power cord. Leave it set for a couple minutes or so then plug it back in and let it boot on up. See if you have the same problem with the tuner.

Assuming you have the right switch and assuming the LNB on the dish is ok (no way you'll know that unless you get it replaced) then it could be a bad tuner on the HR20.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)