Need help setting up a customer on Galaxy 10R

Status
Please reply by conversation.

onsiteSat

Satellite Sales/Installs
Original poster
Jun 3, 2004
Glendale, AZ
Ok I think I may have this figured out. I'm looking to setup a customer of mine who has Dish network. He got Dish for SBS and MBN we set him up with 2 811's and a super dish. Now since the take down He hasn't watched any of his Korean channels just some HD. What I'm looking to do is get him setup with a S-4 Fortec Lifetime ULTRA w/Blind Search a 31" FS80P dish and a Universal .4db Single KU LNBF from Sadoun . My question is if i get my customer this equipment and I point it to Galaxy 10R (123° W). Will I pick up all of those channels after a scan or will I need to pay for a smart card, or Programming or are these channels really Free to Air? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hello, welcome to the FTA area.

It depends which channels you're looking at. The Equity muxes on G10R are a popular favorite here. The stuff that's in the clear is just that - in the clear. No smart cards etc required, just scan 'em in.

The Ku stuff in the yellow / tan color is what you'll be gunning for up there:
G10R on Lyngsat

If you aren't already familiar with Lyngsat, DMS has a great page explaining it:
http://www.dmsiusa.com/charts.htm

For a minimal investment, a motor for the dish is well worth it. Unless there are LOS issues, getting to see a whole lot of satellites is much better than a single fixed dish at G10R. The downside of FTA is that nothing is set in stone. What you see one day may be gone the next.

Were you looking to get SBS / MBN? MBN looks to be in the clear (as per lyngsat anyways) on IA5 (97°w). SBS is not. There is a bunch of international programming in the clear on IA5. Looking for Korean stuff I noticed a few radio stations and CBS South Korea listed as in the clear.

I've been in your store off of Bell Rd there. I came to checkout Voom before I subscribed. I liked the HD TV lineup :cool:

SBS doesn't look to be readily available FTA.

Your best bet is probably a Globecast Subscription.

Some of the participants in this forum have and/or have installed Globecast. Hopefully they'll stop by and chime in.

Shawn

Looks like globcast would be a good solution ony $24.99 for 7 korean lanuage channels you cant beat that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)