Low or no signal on G10R

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dogstar1313

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 7, 2005
Tennessee
G10R is decent for me here in TN with a Winegard 76cm Invacom LNB. I have never been able to get the transponder with Retro Jams. Quality on that TP bounces between 0 and 10% with a 20% in there every great once in a while when the planets all align properly. I used to get all the PBS stations rock solid about 35-45% quality minimum with about 70% on Montana PBS, but lately the the PBS stations with AC3 audio have been quite sporadic for me. Sometimes good quality sometimes no quality. The other stuff seems to be about the same as always though.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
It was low yesterday...mostly around 45 on the Pansat
Saturday night it was gone

There might be some storms down in little rock, arkansas where the uplink is :)

playyymaster

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 11, 2005
Vancouver, Canada
Thanks Ice and others that replied.
I am getting my motor this week and would hate to have no signal to install it for.

I'm sure I'll be needing this forum's help during the motor installation process.

DiscoLoveGrapes

Zero Transponder Founded
Supporting Founder
Jul 14, 2005
Twin Cities, MN
It was all-but gone for me Saturday, I was guessing thanks to constant rain here in Minnesota. It was better by Sunday, but everything was about 10-20% less quality. This morning, things were back to normal -- just in time for a snowstorm to hit the Twin Cities by tomorrow!

-With your AccuWeather forcast, this is DLG.

vargf

SatelliteGuys Family
Nov 10, 2005
I have the same problem

Hi
I live in California and the wheather here is so cool but the channels on G10R
gone for me I had a quality signal 95% by now no signal saturday I had some problems with freezing periods of time now things come worse.

I need some advice on this thaks all (I notice that the UPN and FOX channels
are verry good 95% quality no problems in the same satellite G10R.

thanks

havenx

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 1, 2005
I have had 45 to 75 on differnt TPs all week.
1m channel master
invacom dual quad
pansat 2700a

MikeI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 25, 2004
WMQF came back to watchable viewing during the Packers game.
I too lost all signals except for KTWO on Saturday night. I usually get KPBI at 98 too and I did again on Sunday morning before the Vikings game.

rangers00

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 25, 2005
There are only two channels on G10R that I am interested in. Most of the regulars here know which two.

On Sunday:

Cardinals vs Lions came in really bad. The signal strength went down to about 65% on my DMT1050. It's all broken up.

Vikings vs Giants came in really good. Signal strength went as high as 98%.

So I guess it's not the a problem of the equipment nor the weather.

BTW, the Vikings vs Giants game on AMC4 came in really strong. Granted, that's a 1.2M dish. That's why I watched the Vikings vs Giants on AMC4 instead of G10R, because the second game on the DH is Redskins vs Bucs on AMC4, but Rams vs Seahawks on G10R.

W_Tracy_Parnell

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Jan 19, 2005
South of Buffalo NY
I just lost all the Equity channels here at about 3:30 pm today. I also get WNGS on my cable system and there is a message in the top left of the screen "no signal".

jh98

SatelliteGuys Guru
Dec 30, 2004
I'm not getting anything on the Equity channels, either. And chances are your cable system is also getting it from the same place we are. If they're not getting it with their professional equipment, it would seem Equity is having a problem.

W_Tracy_Parnell

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Jan 19, 2005
South of Buffalo NY
They sure seem to be. WNGS just came back for about 5 minutes on my cable system-now nothing again. I noticed on FTA that the channels on the stronger TP that usually run about 75% on my Coolsat are now at about 60 (too low to lock on the Coolsat) and the ones that run at about 67% are in the teens.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I assume the uplink is in Little Rock, where there is rain/thunderstorms/wind right now :)

weather.com shows strong T-storms until tomorrow night

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts