need help setting up my sg2100 motor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dodgeman

Original poster
Jun 21, 2006
hi all i hope this is the rite spot to put this in so here goes. i have a sg2100 motec motor here are my settings North Latitude: 51.2
West Longitude: 97.567 im tring to get all the real fta sats i know my south sat will be 97º Intelsat Americas 5 i have my pole plum and mast plum all so , but what do i set the motor and dish settings to, on my motor it has lattidude and elavation which1 do i set. i been tring this for a week now still no luck i have a clear view of the southern sky. o ya im using a invacom lnb i was told to use that lnb i hope its the rite one. thanks

To get you started, set your motor bracket, using the latitude side of the scale, to a hair over 51. Assuming the Invacom you are using is the QPH-031 (the Quad), connect an L output to the IF input on your receiver, and set the L.O. to 10750.

Let us know more about your setup (LNBF model, dish, etc.)

thans ill give that a try sorry but what do i set the dish at, i been doing alot of reading for awhile now. just it gets real confusing at times. i have a 33 inch digiwav dish and a invacom QPH-031 duel lnb and a viewsat 9000 i got the rec real cheap. plus the dish and invacom lnb.

Last edited:
Dish elevation is 30 minus declination angle, which for your latitude is 7.38...

See here: Declination Angle Table

So, you would set your dish elevation (assuming the engraved scale is on the money, which many of them are NOT) around 22.5 degrees. Again, since many of the engraved elevation scales can be off by as much as 5 degrees, you will probably have to tweak dish elevation a bit.

Also, the Invacom QPH-031 should have four outputs, two each for (C)ircular and (L)inear. The Invacom dual output LNBF is a different model, and is a universal LNBF.

ok thanks but i get diff readings from 2 places 1 says that my nearest sat will be 97º Intelsat Americas 5. and the other 1 says 99º Galaxy 4R .not sure which 1 to go now

If you use USALS to move the motor, then there's no need to aim the dish at your true south satellite first. You can use USALS to move the dish to any bird in the sky (best if you use one CLOSE to your true south), then align the dish once the motor has moved it to that satellite.

If you use USALS to move the motor, then there's no need to aim the dish at your true south satellite first. You can use USALS to move the dish to any bird in the sky (best if you use one CLOSE to your true south), then align the dish once the motor has moved it to that satellite.

This is good advice...

Pic a STRONG satellite close to your true south....easier to find STRONG one...even if it is a circular.

Like Tron said use USALS and goto postition. Then move whole dish/mast assembly until you find it.

If USALS doesn't work you can go to Moteck's website and use Goto :mad:GAAPS) calculator and it will tell your approx which degrees to set your motor to manually to get to selected satellite.

Here is link to GAAPS calculator.

MOTORIZE YOUR WORLD = = PRODUCTS = =

What I did was point the motor due south, then set the elevation on the motor. Got the receiver out to the dish with a small TV then moved the dish until I got signal on a strong transponder on that 97 satellite. I used USALS and I get every satellite with good quality.

thanks all i got it up had to use cicular sats though but i want to go all true fta. but liuer sats are real hard to hit i been doing alot of reading but i all ways find diff answers. what i need is were all the fta sats are and hhow to set thr tp and high and low settings ect im only seeing gr10 right now with 25 english channels

The linear sats (using a standard LNBF, which the Invacom is) have a L.O. setting of 10750. Set the LNBF type to 'Standard' or 'Single'. If you are hitting the circular sats across the arc but are having trouble with the linear sats, you are close to the arc but you need to fine-adjust on a linear satellite close to your true south.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts