Need help w/ a new D* DVR set uo

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

melloyello75

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2004
Ok so i am about to get my new D*service installed and I have a question. I have 2 TV's in the house, the one in the living room is a HD RPGTV and the one in the bedroom is SD. I have already ordered a HD receiver for the HDTV and a Tivo for the one upstairs but what i really want to do is use the Tivo along with the HD receiver for the TV downstairs and then get another STB for my SD TV in the bedroom. Is this possible and if so would I have to pay an extra $5 b/c of this set up?

I want to do this b/c most of the shows I want to record I would want to watch on the larger TV even though the recordings will be in SD.

Thanks for any help.

You will pay $5 for up to 8 TiVos on your account.
You'll pay an extra $5 "Mirroring Fee" to mirror your programming package to each receiver beyond the first.
Thus, You'll pay $15 a month. $5 for Tivo, and $10 for HD receiver and STB for bedroom.

Although he probably already has one line existing to the Living Room.

Regardless, each input needs one discrete line from the satellite.

TiVos have 2 inputs and the HD receiver has one.

Hogarth said:
Although he probably already has one line existing to the Living Room.

Regardless, each input needs one discrete line from the satellite.

TiVos have 2 inputs and the HD receiver has one.

Why can't one just use diplexors instead of running new cabling?

Diplexors don't work on this end of a multiswitch.

You'd need a stacker and a destacker (or multiple of each), which would easily be $300-700.

Running a new cable will cost under $100 in almost all cases.

Thanks for the input. so can i use the Tivo w/out a phone line connected to it? I understand that initially I have to hook it up to d/l the programming but i was plpanning on taking the box to work with me to do that. It is going to be a big problem if I have to use a phone line to use Tivo...

It'll pop up a nag screen daily after 30 days without a phone line, but other than that, it works fine.

PPV ordering from the TiVo itself would also not work.

How often does the "nag" screen pop up? Is it obtrusive or a small banner at the bottom. Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)