need help with directv on demand

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gib4500

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 29, 2005
Ohio
I am having problems downloading stuff with directv on demand. It says i'm connected to the internet on directv box and all the shows and stuff come up. I'm connected from my linksys wrt120n to my directv dvr. I have cable internet, 15mb download speed. When i go to download something it autamically pauses the download and it won't download anything. I know it's not my box because i tried it a couple days ago with my at&t dsl connection and it worked but it was kind of slow cause it was dsl. What am i doing wrong? Do i have to open up ports or something on my router? I'm stumped. Thanks for any help.

I suspect that there is a problem with the IP address. I assume that your router is using DHCP to assign IP addresses. Maybe the router is not assigning it correctly when it's connected to the cable modem.

My reciever got the latest software update and all is well now. Thanks for the help though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)