Need help with GI HD-1000 hook-up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jbax

Original poster
Aug 13, 2005
south Georgia, USA
Hi, I have recently purchased a High Def decoder for my DSR-4800 receiver. I have connected the ASI output from the receiver to the decoder. I have connected the output of the decoder with RGB cables to my TV. I get no picture, not even a splash screen. The unit powers up fine and I can hear the clicking as it is aquiring the signal. The output on the back are 2 rows of analog video with 4 each BNC type connectors. Top row (from L to R) is H-SYNC RED GREEN BLUE. Second row is V-SYNC Y Pr Pb. I tried both top and bottom row, but did not hook anything to the H-SYNC or the V-SYNC. Are a 4th or 5th wire necessary? If so will I need an adapter or converter to connect my TV? Can't find and easy (or inexpensive) solution like a RGBHV to RGB adapter. Thanks in advance for your help.

bnc.jpgIf you are using an RGB cable then you will need to use all 5 wires.
8AXAeEPQGCOkoAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

However if you just use component cables you will only need 3 Red, Green, Blue.

You will see a splash screen for a few seconds on boot up.
pencil.png

Yes if your using component video.

Thanks wallyhts for the quick response. I going home and try to get the splash screen again.

Wonderful! That did it. Got splash screen. I'm watching QVC in HD as I type. Picture is awesome. Note for other newbies: Output is Y Pr Pb and input on TV is Y Pb Pr. I had my wires crossed.

Last edited:
jbax,

Just out of curiosity, do you get standard SD video from the monitor out port? My problem was the same as in your OP, but I couldn't get video from the HD component or SD composite ports. After reading what your problem was... it's possible that mine was the same. But that wouldn't explain the composite port.

Cheers

Hi Anony55, Not sure my monitor / main outputs are composite. Although they are single BNC connectors, it does say digital above them. I thought composite was an analog signal. If your monitor will accept an XGA 15 pin plug, you might want to try a breakout cable like wallyhts has in his pic. Good luck.

...Although they are single BNC connectors, it does say digital above them...

Hmmm.... I hadn't thought of that. Could be there's nothing wrong with mine. It sure would be nice if a fella could come up with a user's manual for this thing. It might explain what the monitor / main connectors are & how they work.

I'll check out fleabay for a cable like Wally's. Thanks.

Cheers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts