Need help with H25 Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ricksrb

Original poster
Nov 5, 2015
SOUTHERN CA
Dish.jpg

I have an H25 receiver and like others i want to take it to our weekend get away home when we go there. I currently have the round 18" dish there now that has been used in the past(last time was 3 years ago). I need to know what i need to do to make it work there, i was told it will not. On my full time house there are two Direct tv dishes but only one is being used. The photo is the spare not being used. Will this work with the H25 Receiver and what else would i need?
Thank you,

The H25 ONLY works on SWM dishes...which basically limits it to working on a slimline dish with the SWM LNB. There is a way to rig other dishes, but it's going to require purchasing an external SWM switch, along with all the added wiring connections between it & the dish.

If you absolutely do not want to mess with an slimline dish, you'd be better off getting an H24 receiver, which WILL work on any dish type...

Reactions: harshness
:welcome to Satelliteguys ricksrb!

Like dishrich said, you need a swm setup to use an H25 receiver. It could be a swm lnb or a swm switch, either will work, but it's difficult to get a swm lnb to work with the dish in the picture you posted. You can get a Slimline dish with a swm lnb, or a receiver that doesn't require a swm setup to work, like an H24. You would need bbc's in line with those receivers.

Not with that dish, but with a swm lnb and H24 like I mentioned he would.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)