Need Help With Install

tryx

Original poster
Oct 7, 2004
I have 3 2700 Dish network ird's and a 500 dish non pro picking up satellites 119 + 110 with a sw44 switch. What I want to do is be able to also pick up satellite location 121. What do I need to do this. I have a dish 300 kicking around but not sure what switches and things that I need to hook them all up to be able to view a 3 satellites. Please help if you know how to do this. Thanks.

tryx said:
I have 3 2700 Dish network ird's and a 500 dish non pro picking up satellites 119 + 110 with a sw44 switch. What I want to do is be able to also pick up satellite location 121. What do I need to do this. I have a dish 300 kicking around but not sure what switches and things that I need to hook them all up to be able to view a 3 satellites. Please help if you know how to do this. Thanks.
Call DISH Network and see if you qualify for a free upgrade to Super Dish. The DISH 300 is way to small to be used, if you want to jury rig a 36" dish with a Legacy type FSS LNB you would need a SW-64 switch. :) :) :)

The 121 is an FSS sat like the old Primestar service. If you have access to a P* dish, you can use it to tune into the 121. Keep in mind that the "skew" on the dish is set bu the LNB barrell on the P* dish. You have to actually turn the lnb to lock the polarity. And, you can use an SW64 switch as mentioned, bt you can also use a D* simple 4 way swicth connected to the P* dish, and then add into the SW44 lines with SW21s. Keep in mind that you cannot put the SW21 on the input 1 from the SW44 due to the power inserter(you can put it in between the receiver and the inserter, but that usually requires running a second cable to the port 1 receiver). a dish 300 WILL NOT WORK since the dish is too small and the LNB is the wrong freq.

I always recommend P* since you can score 1 and extra LNBs free usually, and the bigger P*'s dishes are better for the 105. I pulled an 80+ on all 24 trans on my 721 with a 40x30" dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)