Need Help with Intelsat 5 Am

Status
Please reply by conversation.

simou66

Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
Ma
My dish is driving me crazzy! Good quality signal and strength but no channels after all the scans possible.

I don't know much about a lot of the stuff here but this is the setup I have 30' and DVB receiver they have been working for almost 2 years now I have just changed the location of the dish and I lost everything.
Antenna setup

Antenna 1
Type Fixed
Satellite telstar 5
LNB Type 1 Universal
LNB Freq 1 9750
LNB Freq 2 10600
0/12 volt None
22KHz tone None
Diseqc None
C/Ku Band Control None

On TP3 freq 11836 V 20765 Signal power 76% and Signal quality Between 93% and 66% not stable
TP7 Freq 11898 V 20000 Signal Power 72% and Signal quality 99% this one is fix
TP8 Frq 11929 V 22000 Signal Power 68% and Quality 60%.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Try a few other TP for that Sat, see if you can get any Channels to scan in.
Which receiver are you using?
Can you Blind Scan.
Did you do a Factory Reset?
Did you have to change the Dish Elevation to get a lock?

I have an old DVB that's still working fine. I printed the list of all the TP and frequencies on that Sat and I tried most strong ones. I did the reset many times and loaded the TPs again. How to change the eleveation to get a lock? This is the firdt time I hear about this.

Thank you,

How to change the eleveation to get a lock?
You said you just changed the location of the Dish. Did you need to adjust the Dish Elevation or LNB Skew to lock a TP?

Look on the LNB for a sticker for the correct L.O. Freq. Make sure it matches what you have entered in the receiver. A re-set may have defaulted to the wrong settings for your LNB.

I printed the list of all the TP and frequencies on that Sat and I tried most strong ones.
Are you able to lock those TPs?

So basically to lock TPs is to input whatever frequencies from the LNB sticker into the Antenna setup where it said (LNB Freq 1 9750) , Right?
(LNB Freq 2 10600)
I will try this today after work and I'll let you know.

Many thanks

When you Lock a TP, you have a good Quality Reading, and should be able to scan in the available channels.
First thing to do is check the LNB L.O. Freq.
Check all possible Transponders for a good Quality reading, this will confirm you are on the correct Sat.

Usually, the receiver will set 22k to "Auto" or grey out the 22k selection when Universal is selected (it will automatically function properly when "Universal" is selected).

Since you moved the dish, are you certain that there are no obstructions to the line of sight (trees or other objects in the way)?

No obstructions. I tried to lock the TP by entering Lo frequency from the LNB as suggested and scan but no luck. I'm not sure but it seems like i'm geeting a different sat. The quality of most of the channels I'm intersted in are between 39 and 64% with a good strenght. One of them which it deasn't belong to the list of channels under intelsat Am 5 is 98% quality. freq 11898 Verticale 20000. sometimes when I scan I only get around 40 scrambled channels nothing else.

Thank you all for your help.

Is it possible that some frequencies of some channels I have been trying to get on intelsat 5 are different from here in this website than those in Lyngsat.com. I tried to input them last night and got nothing eventhough there was a good signals in most channels.
Anu ideas please

Thanks

Between 39 to 74 on the ones I know and 92 to 98% on those that don't belong to intelsat 5 (To my knoledge) I did it google them and could not find anything. One of them is 11989 Vert 20015.

Thanks

Guys, is there anybody who can tell me step by step or just tell me where to find how to aim and get that son of gun Intelsat 5. That would be a greeeeeat Help.
I have not given up yet!

Thank you

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)