Need help with new CaptiveWorks Ultima

Status
Please reply by conversation.

crawdad47

May 10, 2009
Georgia
Purchased a new CaptiveWorks Ultima and set it up for my motor drive dish, but it will not find any satellite using USALS. The dish/motor work perfectly with both a Pansat 2500A and a Traxis 3500 receiver. I had a friend bring over his new CW Ultima to see if mine was just a lemon, and his will not work with USALS either. We have both been in SATCOM for many years and believe we have all configurable software items set correctly. However, the menus on the CW Ultima do not make a lot of sense in some cases. I would really like to get this receiver working with the USALS because of the USB port for recording. Any ideas?

Thanks...

I wish people would come here and get some recommendations before spending their money on non-working hardware.
I've heard some troubles with other models they make, but don't know that one at all.
If you still want USB recording, the VisionSat IV-200 works fine (see my sig).
And I'm sure the fellows could offer other suggestions, too.

my captiveworks cw800s sux also with an HH motor.

Thanks to Anole, Iceberg and PRO96 for the replies. I guess I should have done more homework before I bought the CW Ultima. Oh well, it will work fine on a stationary dish so now I need to get a new receiver for the HH. I have had over35 years with big dishes (up to 60 FT) in MILSATCOM and commercial, but have little experience with FTA. Thanks for your advice and help.

I didn't mean to give you a hard time. :rolleyes:
But now that you know where to find us, make sure you hang out and catch up with all the latest.
Everyone here is happy to help out and point you to all the answers you can stand. :cool:

I'm very sure we will look to you for your experience in the bigger dishes!
And if you have pictures, post a couple.
The awe 'n shock value cannot be overstated! - :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)