Need help with new dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

glocknwva

Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
Hey guys i see you all talking about the Channel Master 3040642-01 mod # 1.0m-3 I just scored one free but it lacks the lnb mounting rods I also need a mount that I can use with a positioner any ideas or should I just buy a new dish i'm just now starting to get in to FTA i'll prob be getting the viewstat Xtreme rec. and a Invacom QPH-031 LNB.....
Help :)
Thanks Guys
John

Glock -

There are threads around here on removing the heavy stock mount, and making your own light one, to use with the H-H motors.
So, I really wouldn't worry about that part of the problem.

If you're crafty, it's not that big a job to work out where to locate the LNB - but it'd be up to you to fashion something to hold it.

It all depends on how mechanical and creative you are.

actually, as soon as I find one of those 40" dishes, I have my own mount-design I want to fabricate :)

Hey guys i see you all talking about the Channel Master 3040642-01 mod # 1.0m-3 I just scored one free but it lacks the lnb mounting rods I also need a mount that I can use with a positioner any ideas or should I just buy a new dish i'm just now starting to get in to FTA i'll prob be getting the viewstat Xtreme rec. and a Invacom QPH-031 LNB.....
Help :)
Thanks Guys
John

I have a 1M P* dish in my shed right now if you want I can take some pics of the lnb arms and the measurments for you if you want me to...:D

Last edited:
FWIW you can buy a joint of 1/2" electrical conduit and fashion your own lnb arms, if you ever have to. Of course you need the measurements, and a pipe-bender to do it right.
charles

Hey guys thanks for the quick reply and I have located the lnb poles but there is no center piece to mount the poles / lnb to i took a pic of the poles that i found and temped them to the dish: http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a393/joecable69/equip/wg500x.jpg now I guess i'll have to make that center piece. Do you all like this dish for FTA?
Thanks
John

I've seen some CM feed assys on flebay lately that have the junction block with them, would be much better to use their feedhorn than a generic type LNBF anyway.

As for a mount, I hear they have quit making the polar mount for them now, the 1.0 and 1.2 used the same one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)