Need help with new toy SF-3000E Satmeter

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Treecutter

Original poster
Jul 31, 2005
Ok this is the deal I just got a satvision sf-3000e meter..Now I have read the manual but I cant seem to get the meter to work right .When i go in to easy find set up ...and I tell the meter what bird I want ...It will show me that i have locked on the bird ..lets say Im looking for 110 and I am realy on 119 its will tell me that im locked on 110 ... but ..I know that im locked on 119 but the meterscale will say ok your on 110 ,but its not giving me positive id .. I have played with this meter all night up on the roof... I even point it to 101 bird just to have ot say your locked on 110...I have read that this meter gives positive id .. But I cant get it to work right ...If any 1 can give a bit of insight on this ..I be very great full Cuz right Now im feeling like a big time looser ...lol

Thanks guys for your help

HI TREECUTTER, DID YOU FIGURED OUT YOUR FINDER IM HAVEING THE SAME PROBLEM.:confused: THANKS BERTMAN...

When I bought my Trimax SM-1100 meter, I was told by the dealer that it would not do good in locating the birds on 110 and 119, which are the Directv birds. Apparently they are using something in their uplink/downlink signals that would confuse the meters such as the one I have.
He was honest enough to tell me that some of the Directv satellite installers bought the SM-1100 meter hoping it would make their installation jobs easier. They end up bringing the meters back to him and upon researching the problem, he came up with the conclusion that the signals from the 110/119 birds are "rigged." As far as the other satellites is concerned, the SM-1100 work fine.
I hope this info helps...

I was aware of the whole "not working so hot for DTV and Dish stuff" I was more concerned with say for instance my nearest true south bird nahuel 2 at 72* being able to put the dish in that general area and being able to identify what I was on.

I was aware of the whole "not working so hot for DTV and Dish stuff" I was more concerned with say for instance my nearest true south bird nahuel 2 at 72* being able to put the dish in that general area and being able to identify what I was on.

Are you using a HH motor? Such as a SG2100?
If you are, maybe you can go to the next satellite, pick a active TP on it, and turn the mount back and forth, until it finds the signal you picked and then see if it track the satellite belt ok. Maybe then it will help you identify what you are on. This is how I handled the similar situation.

maybe these are spot beam signals, therfore only relevent to my area, but

119 doesnt use

12282/V
12311/V

if you have signal on these two then your on 110, not 119.

maybe these are spot beam signals, therfore only relevent to my area, but

119 doesnt use

12282/V
12311/V

if you have signal on these two then your on 110, not 119.

Technically 119 isn't licensed.. it's the company that is licensed to use the frequencies at that slot.

DishNetwork is licensed to use and is using all transponder licenses from TP 1 to TP 21. DirecTV has the rest. Echostar 7 located at 119w has spotbeams on TP 1, 3, 5, 7, & 9.

then that would explain why I dont have signal on those two tp's I listed.

you'll have to go through with your meter and try every single tp and see what the difference is in your area on 119 and 110, then use that to determine what bird is what.

doesnt the SF-3000 also scan channels on a tp ? you could also just try that, scan a tp and see if those channels are on 110 or 119. use lyngsat as a refrence, its fairly acurate.

Same Problem

Does anyone know how to work these sf3000e's. i would practally give mine away right now-I sure could use some help--thanks

no clue

someone out there must know how to use one--Any other forums to look on? Dam, i really need this

SF-3000E & SF-6000 Meter

I have both of these meters and discovered that they do work as stated. However, they work a bit different than the birddog and their brothers. These meters are very prejudice device. They will show your a signal and sometimes a Quality, but will not show pictures (SF6000 only). They will work on perfectly on TRUE FTA Equipment only without a hitch. I use the 6000 on my T-90 and set up 10 LNBs on the first try without coming off the roof. When I use the 3K on the 2nd T-90 for 110, 119, 91, & 82, it gave me false reading due to TP lock. I had to reprogram the TP's and create duplicate SAT with only FTA TP located on 119 to get a true reading. As for the HD's, the 6K will only read it in Spectrum Analasis, but no Picture, since the meter is not HD. Hope this helps us all. As for buying it from ACL, not a smart move for the money and they offer no support. I got it cheaper on craigs list for just under 150 delivered and the 6k from China for $200 delivered. It took me about two weeks playing with the meter before figuring it out and how to make it function properly.:eureka

. but ..I know that im locked on 119 but the meterscale will say ok your on 110 ,but its not giving me positive id ..

there is no positive sat ID with this meter. it just tries to lock onto what is programmed into the meter for a given satellite.

The meter is simple to use - read the manual and practice along with the manual and it becomes doable to use and figure out how things are done with that meter. It is a very good meter and I got it on the recommendation of someone I know who installs commercial fixed large dishes for a living.

The meter was so easy to use out of the box that I was peaking my DISH Network dish the very first night after a quick charge of the batteries and got way better signal using the SF-3000 than when a DISH Network installer installed that dish a year ago with a chirp meter.

Status
Please reply by conversation.