Need help with pointing Dish500 to 61.5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sserdyuk

Original poster
Oct 9, 2005
Hi Everybody!

I have an old Dish500 antenna sitting outside and I would like to get international channels from Dish programming. The channels are on 61.5 satellite. Obviously this is not a standard setup, so there is no help from Dish Networks on this quest. I have removed switch, directly connected one of LNBs and tried to point the antenna using Dish300 azimuth and elevation and to search around this area, but no success. I realized that Dish500 has two focuses (since it has two LNBs) and satellite does not sit on the line antenna is pointed to. But technically there is nothing impossible here. Has anyone here had experience with cases like mine and can help and calculate azimuth and elevation for zip 05446? Sinse both numbers would depent on which of two LNBs I would be using, please specify that too.

Thank you! I am relying on your wisdom!

dodge said:
If you move the skew on the 500 to 90 degrees you will use the Dish 300 Coordinates to aim, 61.5 is a real easy bird to aim
Does it matter then which of two LNBs I am using?

I got it working. Big thanks to everybody. Azimuth was about the same, just a bit off to East, but elevation was 44 instead of 37. Go figure.

I did the same thing back when the Voom channels started on 61.5. I also found the elevation wrong (too low). Either my house is crooked :D or the earth is getting cattywampus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts