Need Help with Program Guide Length on Hopper

doogie2566

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Hey guys, I was searching for a basketball game that is coming on next Thursday, 3/29, and for some reason my program guide only goes to 3/28 until about 10:30 am. I read on Dish's website that it is like the ViP's which show 9 days of program guide information to make sure it wasn't different. Is there a reason why it's only showing 5 days worth or is there a way to force it to re-download the program guide info? I tried the best I could to look through all the settings and I even tried resetting my ethernet connection just for the heck of it but couldn't figure it out. I haven't tried resetting the Hopper yet since I wasn't sure if that would work and I was recording a show for my wife at the time.

Oh and I even checked my 2 Joeys for the heck of it and they too only show until 3/28.

Last edited:
How long ago was your install? After my install yesterday one of the tuner was tied up for at least and hour or two for "Guide update". Once it was done however I was able to search all the way out to 3/31.

I had my install done last Sunday on 3/18. I checked today too and it did not update overnight either. I even tried unplugging all of the Joeys and then the Hopper for about 30 seconds to see if it would force a guide download but it didn't work yesterday either. I'm guessing it hasn't really updated since about Monday since that would make it 9 days. So I'm not sure what to do.

I don't think my Hopper is updating at all. It looks like it is still software version s203 from 3/18, my install date.

doogie2566-
I a DNS tech and you probably should call DISH CSR since it is a H/J system, but we usually do a check switch test, under (menu), (installation),(point dish). This will normally force the guide download to happen.

Yeah I've gone through a couple of chats with Dish support and we think we have narrowed it down to possibly the MoCa network or software. I'm guessing the Hopper cannot ping the satellites or something to let it know it needs an update. It looks like they might need to re-run some cabling to get it to work but I have no idea if that is it or not. Kind of stinks since I love my Hopper other than the guide issue and software update issue I am having.

Don't overthink the problem. I had the same issue and it disappeared with the 204 software update (which didn't arrive until this morning).

Just a thought, your Hopper may not download software when it's on, or by doing a reset. Put in standby (screeen saver mode) for 20 or 30 minutes and check to see if it updated anything, try it again overnight

Just a thought, your Hopper may not download software when it's on, or by doing a reset. Put in standby (screeen saver mode) for 20 or 30 minutes and check to see if it updated anything, try it again overnight

Well I always turn off my Hopper at night when I go to bed so it should be in standby mode overnight. Also, I'm sure it will go away once I get the new software but my problem is that I don't think I am able to get the update since I have not updated once I think since my install on 3/18. I'll try some more things tonight to see if they work.

Well I think I have fixed my problem. When I got it installed, the tech did not remove a diplexer outside which was between the node and dish. After removing and going into standby, I immediately got the s204 software and after I let it update overnight, the guide is working correctly now. So make 100% sure on your installs, no diplexers. I know this has been mentioned before but just reiterating it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)