How do you schedule free rentals to my 722k DVR ? ??

cnaimo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
Central Mass
Is there anyway to rent to my 722 from the dishonline site? i see the normal pay to rent movies but never any free movies. i seem to be able to do this from the 722k directly but nothing online?.

can this be done are there any rent to dvr shows that are FREE?

thanks

As you view the shows under block buster, use the * key lower left button on remote. Removes pay per views then just shows free be's. :) Hope that's what you are looking for.

Is there anyway to rent to my 722 from the dishonline site?

Nothing similar to the Netflix queue for Netflix streaming devices, if that is what you want. I agree this would be very handy, because the BB@home interface on the 722 is just plain awful.

i see the normal pay to rent movies but never any free movies.

Now you know why Dish is putting up that dratted advertisement for DishOnline on the BB@home linear channels. They are trying to drive us away from our HDTVs and comfortable couches and onto a PC where they expect we will be stupid enough to pay unreasonable extra fees to watch movies while crouched over a tiny screen.

Please don't do that. Not even once! It only encourages them.

Nothing similar to the Netflix queue for Netflix streaming devices, if that is what you want. I agree this would be very handy, because the BB@home interface on the 722 is just plain awful.Now you know why Dish is putting up that dratted advertisement for DishOnline on the BB@home linear channels. They are trying to drive us away from our HDTVs and comfortable couches and onto a PC where they expect we will be stupid enough to pay unreasonable extra fees to watch movies while crouched over a tiny screen.Please don't do that. Not even once! It only encourages them.
I thought the PPV's on Dish Online were for sat stb viewing and not pc viewing? You just place the order on the site. And besides, even if it was for pc viewing, just connect a pc to your tv. I've been watching videos on my pc while sitting on the couch for years! ;)

I seem to be seriously confused about DishOnline, and I apologize for my response above.

There is a Blockbuster@home section which appears to be all about programs from the BB@home channels, and viewing them online via a PC. I see no way of queuing any of these for viewing on my receiver a la Netflix. That is too bad because the BB@home user interface on my receivers is so ponderously slow.

The On Demand section is more flexible, with options to view on TV, view on PC, or record to DVR. I think garys is right in that all the PPV movies force you to "record to DVR".

So... To answer the OP's question, I think the way you do that is to go to DishOnline, click on On Demand, select Movies, and then "Watch on TV". There is an option to watch live, and also an option to record. I think all this is doing is scheduling a timer on your DVR to watch (or record) a linear channel to which you subscribe. I can also find free content on the On Demand --> Shows and also the Networks menu items, but these appear to be for viewing on a PC only.

So here's my own question similar to the OP's. Is there any free content on DishOnline for download to our receivers that is not a whole lot more easily accessible simply by searching our receiver's guide for upcoming programs?

Last edited:
Depending on your subscription, there could be a lot of content via receiver much the same as on line. It is harder to search through in via the receiver. I also find more to select by searching MaxGo, HBOGo, EPIX and others by signing in as a Dish Customer and easier than using the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts