Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Since my USALS is so screwed up, I'm going to reset the motor and start again.

So if I understand right
-move dish to 0
-hit the rest on the motor (the paperclip)

Now I guess what does the receiver do? Do I need to do a factory reset on the receiver too?

Right now its 5 degrees off so what I am wondering is I move it to 0 and reset. Since my TS is IA6 just set that back up and away I go?

I know part of the reason of the screwup is I am at 93.5W but set the motor for 93.0W so its off there

Last edited:
Go to IA-6 "0" , reset the receiver, then reset the motor making sure the light flashes red then back to green. ONLY then remove the paper clip!

Just to be extra sure, reset the receiver again.

If the issue is with the motor, NO Try that first! Most of the time the issue IS the receiver I have found!

When selecting "USALS" => "Reference Position" to reset to zero in my Fortec Ultra Lifetime, I notice that the SG2100 does not move back to zero degree/position (True South). It is off about 1.5 degree ! Do I need to do the factory reset as you mention above to move it back to zero?

If not, how to fix it so that the next time when I try "USALS" => "Reference Position" , the SG2100 will go back to exactly zero position ?

Thanks much !!!

I would use DiSEqC 1.2 to nudge back to zero, then reset the motor and if needed the receiver.

one thing I always noticed on mine is even if I was on IA6 and set my USALS for 93.0 the dish would move

Can I use a small button underneath the SG-2100 to nudge it back to zero, then do the factory reset, instead ?

yes...receiver has to be on to manually move the dish with the button on the bottom

More accurate to use DiSEqC 1.2 if you have a True south satellite!

I think what you do is still go back to zero, reset and then make sure your TS is right. I'm in the same boat as I am at 93.5W

Yep, you MUST use your true south satellite (If you have one)

We are so lucky here having IA-6 exactly at 93ºw :)

you do Pete...I'm 1/2 a degree off :)

44.7793 N, 93.519748 W

Last edited:
Well I think it might be the receiver and not the motor

I monkeyed around with USALS and the longitude is off by 6 degrees :eek:

I set it to 87W (my TS is 93) and it is bang on with that...

I too am having trouble with my USALS since I did some repairs to my SG2100. I have to tell the receiver that my Lon is 2 deg more than it actually is, but put my viewsat on there and it acts different again.
Think I will follow you guys tips and reset it all.

Dave

well this is weird...

went out and climbed up and it was at 0...so I went inside and went into the Coolsat setup and there is a spot that says "reference". Pushed that and voila..problem solved

I guess reference means "this is your TS dummy" :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts