Need Help with Speaker Setup

cjwct

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Glastonbury, CT
Okay, so I got a new tv and tv stand. As a result, had to disconnect and reconnect speaker system. Thought I did it right, but when I hit "test tone," the subwoofer does not give me a tone ... any suggestions? I feel so dumb right now, so thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110117_162148.png
    ForumRunner_20110117_162148.png
    458.3 KB · Views: 308
Really hard to tell anything from that picture. Do I have these assumptions correct? HTIB being fed from external sources. Unpowered subwoofer with amp in the HTIB.
You are getting sound from the other 5 speakers.

Is the sub channel enabled? Do you see any shorts in the wires between sub+ and sub- or sub to ground? What is the sub level?
If it is a powered sub with speaker level inputs, is the amp on at the sub? Is the wiring secure at the sub?

BTW, you have a lot of bare wire sticking out from those connectors. I would consider shortening it up to avoid shorts in case a wire was flexed or something fell metallic back there.

Try hooking the sub wires to the main speaker and try for a test tone. That will tell you if the problem is in the amp or sub wiring.

If you look at the picture, you will see that the sub connection is speaker level outputs, implying that the amp is in the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)