Need Help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ExcelWithUs

Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Jacksonville
Hoping I can get your professional opinion on this, we are retailers, installers and service providers for DirecTV and Dish Network, AT&T's U-verse soon to be introduced in our market area, anyone had experience dealing with them as a competitor?

What should I do prior to AT&T's U-verse introduction and what effect do you think it will have on the future of Satellite?

I sincerely appreciate all responses, you're welcome to PM if necessary.

Thanks,
ExcelWithUs

Hoping I can get your professional opinion on this, we are retailers, installers and service providers for DirecTV and Dish Network, AT&T's U-verse soon to be introduced in our market area, anyone had experience dealing with them as a competitor?

What should I do prior to AT&T's U-verse introduction and what effect do you think it will have on the future of Satellite?

I sincerely appreciate all responses, you're welcome to PM if necessary.

Thanks,
ExcelWithUs

Currently U-Verse doesn't compare, in the future it may be a competator, but it's just getting started and appears to be limited.

Jimbo

:welcome ExcelWithUs

I think AT&T will make a blip as big as USDTV the cable over the air provider. Most here think there is room for another competitor and telcos can have an impact with their bundling and pricing tiers but AT&T has gone about it all wrong. They are trying to do it on the cheap by using existing copper instead of Verizon's model of fiber to home. Fiber to home can carry a lot more bandwidth and has proven to be an excellent HD competitor.

AT&T on the other hand has had a very rough time with stability and performance. They are only able to deliver 1 HD stream and that is fraught with limitations and issues. They wont be able to deliver 2 HD streams until 2008 and that is even suspect. So as much as AT&T is trying, it will spend billions on a network that is not geared for the future. Its not built on HD but rather the old standard definition TV market. Being that HD is the future, they will be way behind the technology curve and competitive offering.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)