Need Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Swankhammer

Original poster
Feb 15, 2005
Went to G5-17 on Sunday to watch the Nascar race. No picture. Checked G5-8 and HBO came in. G5-4 also came in along with G5-20. Went up to G5-100 -109 and they came in clear. Went back to G5-17, dialed in and got a re-hit. Still no picture.

Went to G1-100 and no picture. Checked 101-117 and no pics there either. Went to C3-803 and VH1 came in clear.

Climbed up on the roof and took everything apart and checked the wiring. Everything was clean and looked good. I know the IPG is down but that should not affect anything from coming in.

Any idea's? I was about to upgrade the feedhorn and LNB's but now I have second thoughts. On Saturday night we watched G1-100 and the picture was great :no

What did the screen look like when you were on TNT? Did you notice that all of the TPs that came in were even numbered which are vertical on G5? Sounds to me like you have a servo motor problem, it could be stuck on vertical. I found out on the digital TPs that they are grouped in batches on one polarity, That is why you had a group come in and a group that didn't. Look into the feedhorn and see what position it is in, the go in and change to a horizontial TP and see if the needle has moved, if not thats your problem. Also, check in the feed horn and make sure the motor is free to move. Last summer I had a wasp nest in mine, cleared it out and everything is fine. I did have to replace my motor a few years ago.

The screen was scrambled on TNT. I took the feedhorn apart and it was clean except for some webs.

I just bought a new feedhorn but don't have both LNB's yet. I'll try replacing the servo and see how that works.

Have you had problems downloading the guide?

Thanks for the reply.

Swankhammer said:
Have you had problems downloading the guide?

I don't use it much, but the wife has been squawking because it's not on when she wants it. I have noticed that it's been off and on. I have always got it to come up by going to G1 150, turn off the receiver, unplug it for about a minute, plug it back in and leave it off for about 15 minutes and it usually back on. I tried that, but the little lady was not patient enough to wait, so no IPG.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)