need help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

marlon

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2006
i`am very new to this satellite world but ... i have a 10 feet BUD and is in good shape .. what i`am trying to do with it is watch TV from Latin America now can someone please tell me what else i need to get in order to put the system to work .... all i know is that you also need a free to air receiver ... and i saw someone wrote on this forum that you need a analog receiver but i don't know where to get this analog receiver ...please if you could guide me in the right path ...and thank you

al

all i have in my hand is the Bud so if i need an analog receiver and a FTA RECEIVER or ... can i get a receiver that has them both analog and FTA TOGETHER or are this to separate divices please explain thank you ... ps if anyone read this and can help i would appreciated

The FTA receiver will pick up the channels you want. HOWEVER, to move the dish you need the older analog receiver since that has the capability to move the dish and get the polarity right. The FTA receiver cant move a big dish by itself and if the LNB is an older one, the receiver may be able to control polarity. It needs to have a Polorotor option.

If you want just one satellite, I’d get a different LNB. Get one that a FTA receiver can control. Check out www.dmsiusa.com for the C-band LNB that a lot of us use.

thank you iceburg

great help but i know where to get the FTA receiver the only thing i dont know where to get is the analog receiver i looked on Ebay and i cant find it.do i look for it as analog receiver or does it have another name.........

I'd look for something like this (for analog recever)

C band reciever
C/KU receiver
C receiver

for a FTA receiver (DVB) check the sponsers at the top of the page. Either Sadoun or gosatellite has the DVB recievers

Are you looking for stuff just on one satellite or more than one?

I think I remember one of the Sponsers having an analog receiver, don't remember which one. If none of the sponsers at the top have any, I believe Mike Kohl might have some analog receivers. Look here:
http://www.global-cm.net/
Also, http://www.skyvision.com/ have them, but they are generally high. There are other places too. Don't be shy, look around. Do a search as Iceberg suggested.

Al

iceburg

yeah just on the 10f bud iam trying to get as many satellites as i could watch specially from central America so i`am going on line now with the suggestions you gave me if is not to much to as whatever other imput you have i`am open to hear thank you again

you may want to search for a IRD which is what most analog receivers is called look for brand names such as uniden,drake,motorola,general instruments. as for moving the dish you could get a v box dish mover to work with fta receiver disqec1.2. and you could get a c band lnbf that you can control with fta receiver. or ku lnbf depends on if you want c band channels or ku channels.or wait till the cku lnbf comes out.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts