Need Information Receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Otto Matheny

Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
I was on Directv about 2 or 3 years ago and left for fios and were moving and I can't get fios any more. I have 2 receivers H 20- 600 Can you still use the receivers with Directv now.

Yes, you can use those boxes.

But IMHO those recievers h20-600 are junk. recalled for heat issues.

I would recommend getting new boxes if i were in your shoes.

Of course you own those H20's new ones will be leases. Ask you maybe able to get those H20's replaced with owned newer receivers.

No he should do the promo get the 1 hd dvr and 1 hd reciver up front/ added the 2 h20's and then do a deca upgrade which will replace them 2 h20s for the 99 + service call but i seen some people if they order and then order deca before the install get the 49 removed

Yes, you can use those boxes.

But IMHO those recievers h20-600 are junk. recalled for heat issues.

I would recommend getting new boxes if i were in your shoes.

Many of the early models of the H20-600 had heat related issues, but once they fixed the problem, they were very reliable. I went through three of them before I got a good one. I have had it over two years with no issues.

Many of the early models of the H20-600 had heat related issues, but once they fixed the problem, they were very reliable. I went through three of them before I got a good one. I have had it over two years with no issues.

Let me tell you something, we've had those things re-issued like 3 times. Every time they come into the warehouse, everyone just shakes their heads. I deal with these boxes everyday.

I was on Directv about 2 or 3 years ago and left for fios and were moving and I can't get fios any more. I have 2 receivers H 20- 600 Can you still use the receivers with Directv now.

If they worked the last time you used them I'd keep on using them when you resubscribe to DIRECTV. If for some reason someone from DIRECTV tells you that you can't use them tell them they better provide replacements for free.

If they worked the last time you used them I'd keep on using them when you resubscribe to DIRECTV. If for some reason someone from DIRECTV tells you that you can't use them tell them they better provide replacements for free.

Why would they replace them. They are not leased, unless he has the protection plan they are not covered.

Either way, by resubscribing, the op is committing to a two year contract. He might as well get the best come back deal you can and get new equipment. The current receivers, especially the 24 series receivers are light years ahead of those.

Why would they replace them. They are not leased, unless he has the protection plan they are not covered.

Either way, by resubscribing, the op is committing to a two year contract. He might as well get the best come back deal you can and get new equipment. The current receivers, especially the 24 series receivers are light years ahead of those.

They would replace them if he went with deca ... H20 are no good for deca and mrv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)