Need Input on set-up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zamar23

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 5, 2009
Mid West
How long is your cable run to the receiver? Did you check signal S on the LNB's second port while directly powered by Birdog, and not from the receiver? Are there any difference in S value btw both LNB ports?

Musher

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 10, 2007
did it and tired that So it is a dead LNBF. Its from DMS International there web site is DMS International and its a Twin Ku LNBF part # JSC322-2 and the birddog said only 30%
The Cable run is about 75ft I did just order a new lnbf and was wondering if an In-Line Amp will help and should I put it between the motor and the lnbf cause the the motor was moving with no problem but the lnbf was not showing anything on the birddog. I double check the lnbf I did get and it is a Universal type.

Last edited:

Musher

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 10, 2007
Update: well the new sat meter came and the lnbf is working fine that is up there and I do have a new Invacom Uni single NF 0.3dB LNBF sitting here. The problem is with the Receiver itself. The software is out of date, and there is NO update for it, did find a support web site for the nfusion receiver's and have sent them 5 emails and no emails back yet. Will kept everybody informed on what happens in the future.

So today I went to the Sadoun web site and bought a Fortec receiver and will be here on Friday and hope to get it in on Sunday.

I to thank everybody and I'm mean everybody who posted back with all the help, idea's, on the set-up "THANK YOU"

Musher

zamar23

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 5, 2009
Mid West
I suggest you to exchange SNH-031 for QPH-031. Its Circular & Linear - the best for a motorized setup, and will complement your Nfusion HD very well. You better ask next time what equipment do you need before ordering it. You may want to look also at an extra Circular LNB with LO 10750 to complement Invacom - another good match for Nfusion HD to watch clear circular signals. Unless of course you have a separate 20" dish for Nfusion only.

Last edited:

Musher

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 10, 2007
Well today was the day, I went up on the roof to work on the system and found what the real problem was with it. First I hooked up the meter and peak the dish at 89.0W and tried and still no go. Second I did just move the hole thing dish & motor o 97.0W and tried again, still no go. But the dish was peak to 97w and had good ss of 85% and sq of 90% on the meter (SatHawk 5000).

Next it was onto the receiver's. First to Zamar23 I did check out those web-site's and most of them do you know what but the software I needed to upgrade my Nfusion HD was there so I upgraded it. It seems to be working fine. The Fortec Star Dynamic came on friday so I tried that one and but of them still no go.

Well the real problem I finally figured it out, The Meter said the dish & lnb was right on, the receiver's and both of them are working fine. The problem is the Motor! It would not let the signal pass through it and the motor stopped working. When I hooked up the coax cable that went into the motor right into the lnb and tried that both receiver's found all the channels at 97.0W. So right now I have the dish & motor pointed to 97.0W but no motor right now. Will work on the motor later.

Musher

zamar23

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 5, 2009
Mid West
We try'ed that still the signal at 37%. I took the motor off and set the dish like a fixed one and try'ed for 89.0W and set the receiver too and still the signal at 37%.
It looks like your motor is OK, similar to your LNB and receiver, despite you bought extra ones. Reset and hard restart NFusion. Connect coax to motor, reset the motor by its hidden button. Drive east - west by motor buttons to see if it works. Drive to 0 by a button, reset again, drive to most east position - save, most west - save, drive to 0 by GoTo 0 command. Drive motor to 89W by USALS (after entering your exact coords in USALS) and pick the dish.

Musher

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 10, 2007
Zamar23, the motor is making a clicking sound and does not move so something is wrong with it. I did try the Reset and hard Reset on the Nfusion and did the reset button on the motor and use the button on the motor to move it East or West. The motor is only Compatible with DiSEqC 1.2 and not with USALS.

I did contact were I bought the system from and working on Getting the motor fixed. The motor now has some slop in it, the dish is mounted it wiggles back and forth a little bit but what I have right now I can live with it. The current SS on the Nfusion is 80-90% and SQ is 70-85%. Also if buy another motor I will get one that is both USALS & DiSEqC 1.2.

The mistake that I made was I should have bought the Pansat 9200 HD receiver and gotten everything else from Sadoun.

Musher

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)